You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Heavy Rain possibly now coming to PC?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Roman5

Default Heavy Rain possibly now coming to PC?

Probably not, but we can live in hope.

http://www.examiner.com/x-28759-Atla...ming-to-the-PC

The list:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_physxgames_all.html

Also
http://www.destructoid.com/is-heavy-...--174790.phtml

The quote below might be key to it not coming to pc though.

"Heavy Rain was originally planned to be released also for the PC and to use Ageia, with two separate versions of the game to handle the presence or lack of an appropriate physics processing unit on the computer. However, the game became a PlayStation 3 exclusive and the PhysX engine was replaced by the Havok engine."

Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #2

Heavy Rain is a pivotal PS3 exclusive, so I can't see Sony ever allowing Quantic Dream to release the game on another platform. It's most likely just an error on Nvidia's website. After all, the PS3 uses Nvidia graphics so it's an easy mistake to make.

It's a possibility, I guess, but I'd be shocked if Heavy Rain ever made its way to PC.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
Super Moderator

It was just a typo.

It's not happening.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Restless Dreamer

Bummer, I would have enjoyed another go-round with higher resolutions/detail settings/etc.
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus
Old 06-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
The Quiet One

Pity it's not true, but even if it was, my computer wouldn't be powerful enough to handle it.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

amazing "game" but the way the endings were conducted ruined it for me. Id still like to see it on PC though, it could easily be done.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
Id still like to see it on PC though, it could easily be done.
It could be. After all, it was originally programmed on a PC, yes?

But easily done otherwise? Ask Sony about that.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #8

My guess is that we would sooner see Tekken on PC, rather than this title. Sony is obviously paying a nice amount of cash to developers in order to keep all those games exclusive. Either that, or they kidnapped some of the developers' family members, threatening to kill them all if they even THINK about porting to PC.

C'mon, Sony. Prove me wrong. I DARE you.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
Schättenjager

Dream on..
Old 06-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #10

Heavy what ? never heard of it

Nice to see Qauntic Dream follow up on Fahrenheit by sticking two fingers up at the people that bought it though and dont have a PS3 , the handshake must had been truely GOLDEN!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #11
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

I actually kind of hope it doesn't come to PC... I bought a PS3 specifically for Heavy Rain and other PS3 exclusives, like Uncharted. It'd be a slap in the face if Sony did that.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #12

Indeed sir, I do believe that Sony is extremely concerned about your feelings. Have no fear.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #13

Quote:
I actually kind of hope it doesn't come to PC... I bought a PS3 specifically for Heavy Rain and other PS3 exclusives, like Uncharted. It'd be a slap in the face if Sony did that.
Yeah that would be terrible for you if the rest of us could have those games without having to spend $300. Perish the dreadful thought. Actually kind of hope.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #14

300 dollars is a price worth paying for the games and the system itself. =)
Old 06-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #15

personally I refuse to buy a console because they tend to only have one or maybe two games that appeal to me and are not available on PC or expected to be ported over in the foreseeable future. I made the DS an exception based on it's impressive array of adventure games (and a good deal on ebay) but I just haven't seen anything really interesting apart from Heavy Rain and Fable 2 on consoles in a long time, although it is always a very long wait for the GTA games to port to PC
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
personally I refuse to buy a console because they tend to only have one or maybe two games that appeal to me and are not available on PC or expected to be ported over in the foreseeable future.
That's how I feel about the PC, at least before my newfound love of Adventure Games which is slowly me turning into a PC games sympathizer. I think I'll even buy some real but cheap video card like a HD 4670 or slightly better.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #17

Since I've started playing videogames, I've been playing on the computer exclusively. I've ocasionally tried several consoles at my friends, but I just never liked their controlers and the fact they are connected to TV. Well, the latter is nowdays relative with LCD and plasma screens of higher quality, but I still prefer PC and the keyboard + mouse control scheme. The only thing that would made me to buy the console would probably be the discontinuing of PC games entirely. There are some titles exclusive to consoles that I'd wish to play (mostly Heavy Rain and Alan Wake), but this is still not enough for me to change my mind.

BTTT, if the PC version of "Heavy Rain" actually comes out, I'd be delighted, but I'm not giving it much hope.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #18
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Cherin View Post
Yeah that would be terrible for you if the rest of us could have those games without having to spend $300. Perish the dreadful thought. Actually kind of hope.
I didn't mean to offend anyone that can't afford a PS3...I'm sorry if I did.

My point, perhaps not so tactfully stated, was that I don't think it's fair to hold a grudge against Sony and/or developers for profiting from exclusive content. There's no shortage of competition in the video game industry; console companies need to make a buck like anyone else and exclusive titles seem to be a good way to do that. If you want to play the new Mario, Zelda or Metroid games, you buy a Wii, right? Hell, I never thought I'd ever buy a PS3, but there are certain titles that I just couldn't ignore. And I have to say, I'm very happy with my decision because it's led to the discovery of so many other great games.