Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   I want to be a Schattenjäger! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26995-i-want-schattenj%C3%A4ger.html)

Twizman 05-30-2010 04:43 AM

I want to be a Schattenjäger!

Without the threat to my life aspect :)

What sort of jobs involve that sort of paranormal historical and detective work?

UPtimist 05-30-2010 07:05 AM

A novelist? :P

gray pierce 05-30-2010 07:11 AM

How about...a game designer!:D

Ascovel 05-30-2010 10:44 AM

Err... archeology?

Luna Sevithiainen 05-30-2010 11:40 AM

Researcher in whatever period of history you like most. Or just history, period. :P

Elena 05-30-2010 12:06 PM

Paranormal investigator?? :P

Monolith 05-30-2010 01:09 PM

Without a threat to your life? I think you're just looking to be a gamer.

It's like saying I want to be a soldier, but don't want to kill or get shot at. (lol sounds like a lot of people nowadays)

rayvio 05-31-2010 12:03 AM

you could become a Holistic Detective like Dirk Gently

Twizman 05-31-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascovel (Post 550551)
Err... archeology?

Bingo, that's what I'm studying :) Australian Indigenous archaeology. I just finished my undergraduate degree majoring in Archaeology and Ancient History. I know of one adventure game where Australian Aboriginals feature, the start of Beneath a Steel Sky. I really disliked that game ;)

I actually have a decent case for becoming a Schattenjäger. I'm from a famous German family. My last name is German, and means: defender of the castle :D

youfightlikeadairyfarmer 06-01-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizman (Post 550580)
Bingo, that's what I'm studying :) Australian Indigenous archaeology. I just finished my undergraduate degree majoring in Archaeology and Ancient History. I know of one adventure game where Australian Aboriginals feature, the start of Beneath a Steel Sky. I really disliked that game ;)

I actually have a decent case for becoming a Schattenjäger. I'm from a famous German family. My last name is German, and means: defender of the castle :D

That's cool, apply that study to what UPtimist suggested. Write a novel/game/comic book. People love it when the crazy adventure stories they read have something to do with real archaeology.

Twizman 06-01-2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youfightlikeadairyfarmer (Post 550678)
That's cool, apply that study to what UPtimist suggested. Write a novel/game/comic book. People love it when the crazy adventure stories they read have something to do with real archaeology.

Oh yeah? Why do you think that is? : )

UPtimist 06-01-2010 05:30 AM

It creates an enhanced feeling that the mystery is actually true? They have an attachment to the book via the real world so they're more immersified? (I could've said that so much better in Finnish :P)

Something like that I suppose.

Luna Sevithiainen 06-01-2010 09:45 AM

I agree, and it is the thin line between fiction and reality that starts to fade that makes people (or at least me) want to find out more about the reality, if only to learn how well it ties in with the mystery.

Ascovel 06-01-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizman (Post 550580)

Really!? Sounds very cool and very Schattenjäger!

Is it Schlossverteidiger?

Twizman 06-02-2010 02:12 AM

Haha, I see we have a German speaker here :)

Schloss = Castle
Verteidiger = Defender
Castle defender.

But no that's not my last name :)

Monolith 06-02-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizman (Post 550819)
Haha, I see we have a German speaker here :)

Schloss = Castle
Verteidiger = Defender
Castle defender.

But no that's not my last name :)

Not Eger or Burkhard, is it?

Origami 06-04-2010 01:15 AM

Become an FBI agent and how you get assigned to X-files cases like Fox Mulder =D

green alien 06-10-2010 04:04 AM

a police psychic :)

Christian IV 06-10-2010 04:14 PM

Reality is over rated.

I too have a German name that has doomed me to the life of a Seeker/Wandervogle/Crusader/Watcher of Stars.....

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/3420/farhorizons.jpg

Little Writer 06-11-2010 12:22 AM

It's the what-if factor: what if the fictional theories about a real life subject were actually true? It's the need for something special in life, something to forget the boredom and staleness. A quest for mystery. We're living in a time where so much is explained scientifically, there's almost nothing left that can astound us, fill us with wonder.

By the way, remember the dragon's requirements: that you have Ritter blood running through your veins, and that two women have loved you purely.

You could always become a demonologist, like the Smiths. I suggest you add "The Mystica" to your favorite websites.