You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hello everyone, I'm the new guy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #1

Default Hello everyone, I'm the new guy

Hello everyone. I'm new here, but I've been a fan of adventure games ever since I played the demo for Broken Sword 2 when I was like 10 years old. I haven't played that many games yet, but I have loads of them just waiting to be played at home.

I'm currently waiting for the release of Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage. I can easily say that first person horror themed adventures are my favorites in the genre. Scratches being one of the best games I've ever played.

Some of the games I own but haven't played yet are
  • Overclocked: A History of Violence
  • Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
  • Dark Fall: Lost Souls
  • Dark Fall: Lights Out

Games I've finished

The Lost Crown
Did not enjoy it that much. Nothing became clear regarding the story and some of the puzzles were awfull. The dialouge is probably the worst I've heard in a game.

Scratches
One of the best games I've played. Incredible atmospehere and really good puzzles. Wonderfull creepy story that left just enough room for the players own mind. Beautifull soundtrack.

Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
Good story, but the game left way to many lose ends for the sequel. Mostly good puzzle solving. Great graphics most of the time. I am getting the sequel.

Broken Sword 1+2
Great games. Especially the first one.

Grim Fandango
Made me laugh so many times it's beyond counting. Awesome characters and voice acting. One of the coolest and most unique stories ever told?

Well... There's a bit of info about me and adventure games. Looking forward to be a part of this community. Don't know if this post was a good idea or not.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #2

hi how are you doing. always good to have more adventure gamers "come out of the closet"

although it is not quite that usual for someone to introduce themselves in such a long post

very nice community here i think though. enjoy!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #3

Hey and welcome! Looks like you got some great gaming experiences behind you already, and several to look forward to as well!

Don't know "Dark Fall", but Gabriel Knight is great and you should really look for the two previous installments.

I want to play "Overclocked" as well! The demo really got me hooked. But I don't have it (yet).

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #4

Welcome, Sakusen

The more Broken Sword fans the better Speaking of first person horror-themed adventures, Barrow Hill seemed to pop up in stores recently here in Australia as a budget title, $20. I might have to pick it up. I really enjoyed Post Mortem.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #5

Welcome to the foum

I have played some of the games you have mentioned, and your certainly in the right place for reccomendations on adventure games if you need them.

Orient, I still have nightmares about Barrow Hill, not that the game is scray, but that i paid currency for it i did not like it at all, but if you do get it, think of me when you watch the CCTV footage in the gas station
Old 05-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #6

Haha! Well to be fair, I played the demo and didn't find it all that impressive, but for $20 I was thinking of giving it the benefit of the doubt. When I see adventure games in shops I just want to buy them because they're so rare nowadays

I played the demo for Scratches as well and that didn't really appeal to me, either, but I continue to hear so many good things about it. I think I just need these games to be in real 3D so I can walk around freely. Panoramic I can sort of deal with (as mentioned, I really enjoyed Post Mortem), but the pure slide-show 1st person adventures, with no panning...they're painfully dated and so hard to navigate compared to a game like Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack the Ripper, which is fully 3D.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Have you played the first two Gabriel Knight games? The third one's good but the first two are absolute classics.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing