You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Belief and Betrayal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Roman5

Default Belief and Betrayal

I've started playing this and so far it's pretty awful. Is it worth continuing or shall I put it aside and play overclocked instead? There are certain lines you cannot press a button to skip which he says over and over such as "Hmm.. I don't think it's a good idea" . The voice acting is atrocious, probably the worst I've heard, and there's no pauses between lines, it's too fast. Also, there are some lines which are badly edited together. Humour is shockingly bad. There's a picture of a clock showing the time at 4.55, but he says 5.55. The diary shows a page outlining the latest in the story but there doesn't seem to be a way to flick back through previous pages. There doesn't seem to be a way to load earlier games unless you first quit, and the main menu is both slow and cheap looking.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I just finished this game a few weeks ago, and I'm glad I didn't pay more than $10 for it! (I was probably better off playing Overclocked instead too! ) The English voice of the main character Jonathan was especially grating, too high-pitched and whiny. The game was fairly short and easy. Curiously, the only lines that couldn't be skipped were of the "that item or combination doesn't work" variety. I liked using clues as inventory items and playing multiple characters simultaneously, but these gameplay elements weren't used well or enough overall.

The ancient conspiracy premise has also been done many times before and much better... the epilogue was very surprising, however.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #3

Overclocked! Definetely Overclocked! Belief and Betrayal is plain awful and Overclocked is really, really good. It's like saying "Should I finish Martin Mystere or go play Still Life?"
Old 05-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Awfully boring game
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post

The ancient conspiracy premise has also been done many times before and much better... the epilogue was very surprising, however.
Yeah, I've little doubt in mind that the story will probably allude at some point to some connection of the knights templar or similar which does get boring after a while with almost every adventure going down that story route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
Overclocked! Definetely Overclocked! Belief and Betrayal is plain awful and Overclocked is really, really good. It's like saying "Should I finish Martin Mystere or go play Still Life?"
Well, I've gotten a little further with B&B since making this thread, it seems a little more interesting now. Might continue for a bit more and if I get bored of it I'll put it aside and start overclocked.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
J.H
Frak.

I find it so strange how a game like this can be developed fully, money put into it and then get a publisher when there's so many amazing indie games that can't get a look in.

Definitely play Overclocked.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #7

Whit no doubt, you should start playing Overclocked. Belief and Betrayal is extremally boring and bad done. I would give 1 star for Belief and Betrayal and 4.5 stars to Overclocked.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #8

I can sort of remember playing B&B , it was ok but nothing special. however i do recall Overclocked being very good with its different approach to a story, which could had been done slightly better, but it makes it a more memerable game.

take a break & play Overclocked, then go back to B&B.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
3rd person fanatic :)

Overclocked was good, but way too short. It was like lengthy demo or something. B&B on the other hand was so awful game, that i couldn't even finnish it... it was too pointless, uninteresting and so badly done, that it was almost hilarious. I have a hard time believing that someone has actually used money to make it

Last edited by MoonBird; 05-20-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: addition
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
It's like saying "Should I finish Martin Mystere or go play Still Life?"
Haha, indeed! I lol'd ^^
Old 05-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #11
Senior Automaton

Quote:
The English voice of the main character Jonathan was especially grating, too high-pitched and whiny.
I thought he was okay. He has a lot of character which is good, but he messes up some of the lines as if he hasn't read them beforehand. I was wondering if he is the same actor as the deaf stoner in Moment of Silence, he definitely sounds like the same person.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #12
aye, aye!

Quote:
The English voice of the main character Jonathan was especially grating, too high-pitched and whiny.
This is why I uninstalled it after 10 minutes. XD
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #13
Senior Automaton

This is my favorite adventure game of all time.

Well no, not really but it's not as bad as everyone says. I feel it would be 10 times better if they either removed the hotspots where he says "I'd better not" unless they could be used, or let him do a different observation than "I'd better not".