You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Your most played adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
Ankh Morporkian

Default Your most played adventure game

Tonight, while I drunkenly opened up the Longest Journey and, after giggling at the outtakes for the billionth time, I started probably my 10th full play thru of the game. My love for this game is inexpressable at this point.

Wondering about what games you folks have played most, out of any other game... lets say - in amount of run-thru's. Games you love so much u play thru over and over, instead of mentions for the hours spent..
Old 05-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
Dragon Age: Origins
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Ankh Morporkian

Nice games, but not really after a list And.. mustn't have played Dragon-age that many times already surely?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Does five count as many?

As for the others, I played GK2 something 14 or 15 times, and GK3 8
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
Pixiehunter

Conquests of the Longbow, I think I've played that about 10 times completely by now, and loads of times I just replay parts of it. Because I want to try something out, or just want to replay a fun bit.
That's what you get with multiple solutions, multiple endings, dozens of ways to die (my hobby: killing off protagonists in the most creative ways ).

Apart from that game I don't think I've ever replayed more than two times. Once you know the solution, and with the ending always the same, it's just not as much fun as playing it for the very first time, with everything left to explore, all puzzles yet unsolved...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Junior Mint

Probably Maniac Mansion. I played it through probably 10-12 times back when I had the PC version... and I played through the NES version a few times, as well.

These days, there are too many games, and not enough gaming time, to replay games too often.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Fulci lives

Zak McKracken. I could never get tired of this game, it's just so damn good.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I've played Police Quest so much, I pretty much know the entire thing by heart.

get radio
get key
unlock locker
get ammo
get gun
get briefcase

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
She Wants Revenge

I've played GK1 quite a few times as well as Discworld Noir. Other GKs, Still Life, Sam & Max, DoTT and Monkey Island 1-3 a couple of times. Haven't really counted the times though.

I am thinking about replaying at least Broken Sword 1, Culpa Innata, TLJ, Dreamfall, Memento Mori from the games I have only gone through once so far. I don't really have that much free time to play these days so I won't be going back countless of times. Just going back once means it's hell of a game already for me .
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #10

It's probably Curse of Monkey Island. I make sure to play it at least once a year.
Either that or Grim Fandango.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #11

either maniac mansion or blade runner probably, both are very replayable. although shadow of destiny is looking like it may beat both
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 05-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
Supreme Dictator for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
I've played Police Quest so much, I pretty much know the entire thing by heart.

get radio
get key
unlock locker
get ammo
get gun
get briefcase
Ditto - I've played through PQ1 & 2 at least a dozen times each (mainly because they're both short - If I'm really bored I can whip out either one and beat it in an hour or two). I've replayed many of my other games to completion several times (GK1 & GK2 about 6 times each, Grim Fandango 2-3 times...same for the last 3 Tex Murphy games & Black Dahlia)
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #13
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Grim Fandango, every year after Halloween to coincide with the actual Day of the Dead. Other games I've replayed more than twice include Myst, Riven, Obsidian, The Longest Journey, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle and Discworld Noir.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
Stalker of Britain

It would probably be my favorite games; "The Longest Journey" and "The Lost Crown". I'veplayed TLJ morethan 5 times I can think of off the top of my head, and I remember I played "The Lost Crown" three times in a row, since the community playthrough I led happened right after I had alreadyplayed through it. I've done that one quite a couple of times, too, although since you can't skip dialogue, it beomes quite tedious when Nigel says the same thing for the hundredth time. lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #15

I've lost count how many times I've played GK3.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #16

Most played is probably a tie between Gabriel Knight 1 and 3. Not sure of the exact number, but it's got to be around 8 times. I've also played King's Quest VI at least 5 or 6 times. That game has definite replay value, with different endings and paths to get there.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #17

Three I can think of
Zak McKracken (way underrated, and the puzzles always seem really fresh and enjoyable to me).
Blade Runner (every time I play I try something different and get a new game path and ending. Love it)
Secret of Monkey Island (just can't help myself)
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #18

The adventure games I've replayed the most so far are probably "Broken Sword" 1 and 2, "Runaway: A Road Adventure" and "Fahrenheit". I've probably played them abt. 5 times since the first time.

In the future, I'll probably replay "The Lost Crown", "Runaway: A Twist of Fate", "Still Life", "Secret Files" and maybe some of the "Sherlock Holmes" games.

As for the other games, my record is without the doubt "Hitman: Codename 47", "Hitman: Contracts" and "Hitman: Blood Money". I've re-played each at least dozen times. But since those games are pretty non-linear, it's not very suprising. Plus, I'm a huge fan of the series. I've also played "Hitman: Silent Assassin"; I think it's a great game, but it so frustrating, that I'm constantly delaying the replay (though there is no doubt I'm going to re-play it at least several times in the future). Oh yes, and the "Commandos" series (without "Commandos: Strike Force", of course.

I also like the newest three Tomb Raider games very much (Legend, Anniversary and Underworld). I've played each abt 4 times so far. OK, those are fairly linear games, but so fun. The same goes for "Max Payne" series.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 05-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #19
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I've lost count how many times I've played GK3.
Quite.

I think I've finished it about six times, played it 'till some point of the final puzzles a few times more (maybe around the same amount (or a bit less)) and like four times so that I've started but stopped at some point or another.

And that's also the only game that I remember playing at all so many times. I mean, after the who-knows-how-many times I've finished (let alone started) that one, the next would be something like Grim Fandango with like two playthroughs and one or two unfinished times, or Escape from Monkey Island with maybe a few playthroughs (I think I've played that a couple times more than Grim Fandango, mainly because I got Grim so much later and by that time I didn't really have that much time to spend playing anymore. EfMI on the other hand I've played alone, with my brother, with a friend, alone..).
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #20

Gabriel Knight 3, 1 (I think I've played both of them like 7 times)
The Longest Journey (around 5)
Dreamfall (3)