You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #141
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrisguitar View Post
awakened or jack the ripper. those seem to be the ones mentioned in a positive light mostly from what i have seen on these forums.
Awakened is the best game by far, you don't even need to like Holmes to love it. After that Jack the Ripper is considered a good game and the rest I think are only recommended to SH fans.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #142

With some of the games on smaller discounts (like with AlternativA) it is a good idea to wait on them if you can. While it would shock me if Steam put an adventure game in the daily deals, it is still a possibility so it could end up cheaper for a day during the sale.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #143
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
There's a "name your own price" bundle for charity that includes Machinarium, Braid, and three other indie games. Certainly worthwhile just for Braid - I'm debating whether to get it for Machinarium. You can pay as low as $1.

http://www.humblebundle.com/
Apparently if You decide to pay more than the average (which is $7.39 at the moment) you get the first Humble Indie Bundle for free (World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, Penumbra Overture and Samorost 2). Which would make 11 games for that minimum of $7.40.
3 days left.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
Awakened is the best game by far, you don't even need to like Holmes to love it. After that Jack the Ripper is considered a good game and the rest I think are only recommended to SH fans.
I disagree. In my opinion Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis (also called vs Arsène Lupin) is the best of the series. The puzzles seemingly fit the story and make you feel a real sleuth. But then again, I am a SH fan :p
Old 12-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #145
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonax View Post
I disagree. In my opinion Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis (also called vs Arsène Lupin) is the best of the series. The puzzles seemingly fit the story and make you feel a real sleuth. But then again, I am a SH fan :p
I haven't played Nemesis or Jack the Ripper, but my favorite SH games are still Serrated Scalpel and Rose Tattoo from the mid-90's.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:04 AM   #146
She Wants Revenge

Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack is 8.25€ on Steam for 8 hours still.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I was going to buy Holmes vs. Jack individually then saw the Holmes collection with 6 games dirt cheap so got that instead. Can't wait to play then, but Tunguska first...

Culpa Innata I buckled on buying as some people say the puzzles, etc., are really tedious and that the game controls poorly.
Dang, I already bought Holmes vs. Jack. I wish that I had seen the Collection deal. I might still get it anyway...
Old 12-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #148
She Wants Revenge

Sam & Max Season Two 9,99€
on Steam for another 10 hours.

Adventure Shop has some great titles at 9.99$ again:
Memento Mori, Dreamfall, Dracula 3, Mata Hari, Lost Crown, Kaptain Brawe, A Vampyre Story, Barrow Hill

I think I'll buy Dracula and Dreamfall at least. But how are Lost Crown and Barrow Hill. They are categorized as horror I think and I don't like horror. I will not touch titles like Silent Hill but I love thrillers like GK and Still Life. So, where on that scale are these two adventures? Worth it for me or should I just pass?

Last edited by millenia; 12-25-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #149
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I was going to buy Holmes vs. Jack individually then saw the Holmes collection with 6 games dirt cheap so got that instead. Can't wait to play then, but Tunguska first...

Culpa Innata I buckled on buying as some people say the puzzles, etc., are really tedious and that the game controls poorly.
The Holmes bundle is interesting and a good buy, I will not take it this time though as I have already played Awakened and Silver Earring and I am not terribly interested in the rest (might play Jack the Ripper at some point I think).

Culpa Innata is not tedious at all, but I would buy it from Adventure Shop rather, since it is the uncut version with full subtitles. The game has only few actual puzzles and while they are nothing amazing, they are not too annoying or tedious either. Most of the game is conversation and because it's not completely linear it flows a lot better than most adventures. I think there was a bug where the protagonist ran backwards in one location but other than that there was really nothing wrong with the controls either. Culpa Innata is in my top 10 of adventures so I'd recommend it to everyone.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #150
Replicant

"Blue Toad Murder Files™: The Mysteries of Little Riddle" is 85% off on Steam for today only (Indie Deal of the Day). I haven't read much about it but it looks to be a cute adventure/casual/family game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/90400/

(Edit: Appears to be all six episodic episodes that were reviewed on this site in one package.)
Old 12-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #151
I changed my title

Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea there were more deals past the main page.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #152
The 'Mighty Dragon'

The two Secret of Monkey Island games for the iPod Touch/iPhone are on sale for £0.59 ($0.99 for the US, I believe) on the iTunes store, but I'm not sure how much the iPad versions are.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #153

Ok so apparently the forum tought my previous post was spam. I was asking about the following steam deals: Puzzle Bots, Runaway 2, Big Brain Wolf, Emerald City Confidential and Ceville. The are about 2-3 dollars each. Are they worth it?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
Ok so apparently the forum tought my previous post was spam. I was asking about the following steam deals: Puzzle Bots, Runaway 2, Big Brain Wolf, Emerald City Confidential and Ceville. The are about 2-3 dollars each. Are they worth it?
I did not enjoy Ceville. Runaway 2 isn't great but it's beautiful and put together well. Certainly worth a few bucks.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #155
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
Not sure if You noticed, but Puzzle Bots and Big Brain Wolf are bundled with three other games in the Indie Brain Pack for $4.99. Haven't had the chance to play them yet though. Windosill, also in that pack, is a pretty fun, original puzzler.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #156

Yes I did check the pack but the other games didn't seem that great (already played windowsill). So if Big Brain Wolf wasn't worth it I was going to get Puzzle Bots and Emerald City separately for the same price of the pack. Thanks for the answers, I think I will be skipping Ceville then and getting Runaway. There might be other adventures deals that I'm missing, the sale is huge.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #157
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Ceville's pretty cheap, and some people have said it's pretty good. At the sale price, I'd say just go for it as it doesn't matter if it's not to your taste, because it's gonna cost you next to nothing.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #158

Yes, I know they are cheap, but I've already bought some other stuff (maybe too much). Also, being from South America the dollar exchange rate is not that friendly for me. I was trying to get the best bang for my buck.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #159

yeah not great for uk either £4 for $5 isn't good.

anyway id beware of runaway, it has a ludicrously good review on this site, but many people including myself hate it.

has great artwork, but the animations, voice-acting, story, and puzzle design all come across as totally amateur in my opinion. i will definitely never play another game from that company anyway for sure.

my opinion of course, but just wanted to point it out as i bought it happily thinking it was going to be a modern classic and was totally blindsided by its lack of quality.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #160

Amazon is having an up to 75% off sale on Downloadable titles. Lost Horizon is $5, Dracula Origins is $2.50, the Penumbra collection is $2.50 and a number of other games as well....

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/26/sa...year-end-sale/