You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #121

A few deals have been posted on the board lately - so decided to have one of my own.

Last Half of Darkness TRILOGY now available at a discounted price of $24.99 (free shipping in US)

All 3 Games on 1 DVD - (Tomb of Zojir, Beyond the Spirit's Eye and Shadows of the Servants)

Special Note: Shrinkwrapped and packaged in DVD case with "Spider Chart." New versions no longer require journals or other in-box items.

If interested... Please visit...
http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com
Last Half of Darkness: Tomb Of Zojir
Old 12-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #122
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy7777 View Post
A few deals have been posted on the board lately - so decided to have one of my own.

Last Half of Darkness TRILOGY now available at a discounted price of $24.99 (free shipping in US)

All 3 Games on 1 DVD - (Tomb of Zojir, Beyond the Spirit's Eye and Shadows of the Servants)

Special Note: Shrinkwrapped and packaged in DVD case with "Spider Chart." New versions no longer require journals or other in-box items.

If interested... Please visit...
http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com

If you haven't played Billy's games, you've really missed something. They keep getting better and better. Go get them!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #123

As most shops DotEmu is also having Christmas sales. Some deals are good like the ones on the Broken Sword games and the Atlantis pack. Other games have better deals on GOG.
So watch out what to buy where

(but isn't that a luxe situation compared to a few years ago?)
Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #124

These kinds of are just for Christmas but should be for whole year.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #125
She Wants Revenge

Those who missed Jolly Rover on indie bundle on Steam. On upcoming holiday sales there will be another adventure indie bundle with at least Jolly Rover and Samorost2, so keep your eyes open.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #126
Replicant

The Christmas sale has begun on Steam with over 1000 titles discounted. I haven't seen them all yet but some examples include:

25% off Tungsuka, 33% off AlternativA, 25% off Lost Horizon, 50% off Broken Sword: SotT SE and Broken Sword II, 50% off Alter Ego, 75% off Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper, 75% off Culpa Innata, 75% off Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel, and well... countless more.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #127

Thanks for the heads up! I always buy a bunch of games on super sale to have something for a rainy day throughout the year.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #128

Steam Holiday Sales have started, 3 of the Broken Sword games are 50% off (including the directors cut of Shadow of the Templars). Sherlock Holmes and Nancy Drew games are also on sale, among others.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #129
fov
Rattenmonster

The Blackwell indie adventures (The Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, and The Blackwell Convergence) are on sale through January 1 -- all three games for $9.99.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #130
Replicant

Me too . Just splashed out more than I should have considering I'm quite broke but some were too cheap to pass on! I did set a limit though and passed on the Agatha Christie 3-pack I really wanted.

Chronicles of Mystery - The Scorpio Ritual 3.99 GBP
Secret Files: Tunguska 5.99 GBP
The Sherlock Holmes Collection 11.24 GBP
Mata Hari 3.99 GBP
Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly 3.74 GBP
Dracula Origin (EU) 3.74 GBP
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals 3.49 GBP
Jack Keane 1.74 GBP
Nancy Drew: Haunted Carousel 2.74 GBP

Total 40.66 GBP
Old 12-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #131
She Wants Revenge

Yeah nice Steam Sale.

AlternativA 13,39€
Emerald City Confidential and Winter Voices Prologue/Episode 1 2,24€
Alter Ego 14,99€

and more ofc. The Indie Adventure bundle is available too. I will definitely grab those 2euro games. Tempted by Alternativa also but have to hope the sale stays for a while, don't have too much money now.

Last edited by millenia; 12-20-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #132
Replicant

The sale lasts until January 3rd. I've bought some of the cheaper adventure games rather than the 10+ Euro/Pound ones as I'm on a budget, plus I'm not sure if AlternativA and Alter Ego are worth those prices based on mixed reviews? There are some very good deals on adventure games right now though, check my Steam thread and many of them are 50%+ off.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #133

Steam sale is great - wish they had a greater range of adventure games though.

picked up:

Sherlock Holmes vs jack the ripper $4.99
Culpa Innata - $2.49
Indie Fright Pack - $4.99
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #134
Replicant

I was going to buy Holmes vs. Jack individually then saw the Holmes collection with 6 games dirt cheap so got that instead. Can't wait to play then, but Tunguska first...

Culpa Innata I buckled on buying as some people say the puzzles, etc., are really tedious and that the game controls poorly.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #135
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The sale lasts until January 3rd. I've bought some of the cheaper adventure games rather than the 10+ Euro/Pound ones as I'm on a budget, plus I'm not sure if AlternativA and Alter Ego are worth those prices based on mixed reviews? There are some very good deals on adventure games right now though, check my Steam thread and many of them are 50%+ off.
Yeah I will be focusing on the cheaper ones too, will grab that 'Then There Were None' from Steam since I didn't get it yet.

But I think Alter Ego and AlternativA are worth that price considering they are new games. Ofc you could wait a year or more and hope to find them under 10€ and even cheaper on sales. Alter Ego I already played and while it was too short and the ending was poor (these things are connected to each other) it had a lot of goodness in it. I think I will give AlternativA the chance too, just not sure if it's now. I have so much to play that I can afford to wait for the price to drop.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #136
The 'Mighty Dragon'

I got the two Monkey Island games (Secret and LeChuck's Revenge), and it was about £5.50, i.e. half-price. As download's the only place to get them in their remastered/special forms, I think it's a great time to get them.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #137

Which Sherlock Holmes game would you guys recommend if i never played one?

(which is the best i guess i am asking)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #138

awakened or jack the ripper. those seem to be the ones mentioned in a positive light mostly from what i have seen on these forums.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #139
Staff Member

A Vampyre Story is 50% off on the Games for Windows Live store as a holiday discount. Available until the 27th of December.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #140

TellTale had a 80% off sale for everything in their store. 0_o
This was eclusive for BttF pre-orders.
Combined with Free Shipping it was EPIC WIN!!!