You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannik View Post
I did a search, and it seems the site Deal4downloads hasn't been mentioned - it's a great way to keep track of sales and price reductions of download games.
http://www.deals4downloads.com/

It's also included in the Indie Variety Pack, which is one of the current weekend deals (also $10). Games included in the bundle:

A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
Atom Zombie Smasher
Capsized
Machinarium
Swords and Soldiers HD

The deal ends Monday 10am (Pacific Time).
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/indieweekend

EDIT: It looks like $10 is the standard price for Machinarium at the moment on Steam.
That's why I ♥ Steam. I took advantage of the offer... Can't wait to play Machinarium.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #262

Jannik, thanks for reiterating exactly what I said earlier (granted, it was sans the irrelevant, extra info regarding all those non-adventure games in the Indie Variety Pack. Oh well...).

Deals4Downloads.com is nice, but is not very comprehensive.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:40 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalC2 View Post
Jannik, thanks for reiterating exactly what I said earlier (granted, it was sans the irrelevant, extra info regarding all those non-adventure games in the Indie Variety Pack. Oh well...).

Deals4Downloads.com is nice, but is not very comprehensive.
You didn't interpret my post the way it was intended. Not that it's necessarily your fault, could be my post wasn't clear enough. But why the sarcasm and hostility? How about clearing things out instead?

1) I just used your post as sort of a starting point passing on the information that for the same price you mentioned, it was possible to get the same deal + 4 other games.
2) It sounded to me, that you didn't know that the $10 price for Machinarium is now permanent (or maybe semi-permanent). To me it sounded like you saw it as a special offer, so I just chose to inform potential future buyers.
3) In my opinion, D4d is pretty comprehensive. Could be it sometimes takes a few hours before they are updated with the latest deals, and they sometimes miss a game or two, but that's because it's updated by people, and not automatically. I'm not saying they use every shop out there as a source if information, but I think they cover a lot: All the big shops like Direct2drive, Steam, XBLA, PS Store, GamersGate, etc + some minor ones.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #264
She Wants Revenge

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack 1€
on Steam for daily deal (~20h left).
Old 06-27-2011, 06:03 AM   #265

Default Telltale Games 75% OFF

I don't know if you guys know this or not but Telltale are having a 75% sale on almost all games and merchandise. AMAZING. I've just purchased ALL THREE seasons of Sam and Max for £12.50!!! I've never played the last two seasons either! I've also just got the Tales of Monkey Island DVD, AND 16 art posters for £13.50. Incredibly excited right now! Did everybody know about this?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #266
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

The Adventure Shop is doing a bunch of sales right now. 50% off Gray Matter and Black Mirror 2 and 3 until the end of the month. 50% off Return to Mysterious Island 1 and 2, Nibiru and Lost Crown until July 7th.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #267

Steam has the complete Blue Toad Murder Files (all 6 episodes) on sale for $5 for 24 hours.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #268
Replicant

Steam's summer sale has started, discounts on most titles. 33% off Alternativa and 50% off Alter Ego and both still seem overpriced to me but still a lot of good deals to be found!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #269
Schattenjäger

its the last day of the telltale sale, i just purchased the 3 sam and max seasons for 12 measly dollars. Too good to pass up!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #270
She Wants Revenge

Steam sale has Dreamfall at 5€ which is a bargain already. Also bundled with TLJ it's 6,2€ or something like that. You can also find Still Life for 4,5€ and The Path for 2€.

Daily deal Back to The Future is 12,5€ for 21 hours still.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #271

This Steam sale is insane. Some others: if you have yet to try a Telltale game, they have the Telltale Complete Pack including all 3 seasons of S&M, TOMI, Puzzle Agent 1 & 2, Back to Future, etc., etc., for $49.99. Just go to the site and search all adventure games sorted by price: it will blow your mind. I'm going to pick up Puzzle Bots for $1.25 and Lume for $2.38.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #272
Hol
3D artist

At last! I have been waiting months for the back to the future game to become a reasonable price! Snapped it up for £8.50 on steam. 5 hours left to buy it...
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #273
Schattenjäger

just noticed that shopto.net is selling last window (hotel dusk's sequel on the ds) for £12.85, and they ship world wide (£2.50 to ship to the US). Its region free, so thats a pretty great deal for a great game that didnt see a large release.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Steam's summer sale has started, discounts on most titles. 33% off Alternativa and 50% off Alter Ego and both still seem overpriced to me but still a lot of good deals to be found!
I never heard of Alternativa before. Are there any thorough reviews for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
This Steam sale is insane. Some others: if you have yet to try a Telltale game, they have the Telltale Complete Pack including all 3 seasons of S&M, TOMI, Puzzle Agent 1 & 2, Back to Future, etc., etc., for $49.99. Just go to the site and search all adventure games sorted by price: it will blow your mind. I'm going to pick up Puzzle Bots for $1.25 and Lume for $2.38.
I'm definitely interested in getting BTTF now that it's complete, and know Michael J. Fox is part of it!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #275
She Wants Revenge

Fable III is 20€ on Steam now, not an old fashioned adventure but should be interesting for story freaks. I also bought Chronicles of Mystery: Scorpio Ritual for 2,5€.

Also BigFish is having 4th of July sale with all games at 4.99$ again.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #276

Was wondering if The Sherlock Holmes Complete Pack (6 games=24$) is worth considering? I havent played any yet...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #277
She Wants Revenge

I am not a huge Holmes fan (I like him and the era but nothing die hard) but I'd say it's roughly worth that. I'm waiting to see if there will be daily sales first though. I'd buy the pack for 10 euros or so for sure .

The Awakened was rather good, Silver Earring was nice. Jack the Ripper has been said to be pretty equal to The Awakened but I haven't got myself to play it yet. Nemesis seemed a bit silly for my taste but some favor it. Mummy and Persian Carpet were some kind of Hidden Object Hybrids?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #278

On Steam, I just bought TLJ for 2,50 euro; I already have the game in disc form, but that's the Dutch version.

Also bought "Secret Files 2" for 4,50 . I played the first game last year and kinda liked it, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I am not a huge Holmes fan (I like him and the era but nothing die hard) but I'd say it's roughly worth that. I'm waiting to see if there will be daily sales first though. I'd buy the pack for 10 euros or so for sure .

The Awakened was rather good, Silver Earring was nice. Jack the Ripper has been said to be pretty equal to The Awakened but I haven't got myself to play it yet. Nemesis seemed a bit silly for my taste but some favor it. Mummy and Persian Carpet were some kind of Hidden Object Hybrids?
Thx for the info, really appreciate it.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
The Awakened was rather good...
This one is probably the best one.

Also, has anyone tried NyxQuest? It's more of an action-adventure, but it looks good. I'm thinking of picking it up soon.