You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #1

Default Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites

Anyone here played the Several Journeys of Reemus flash games? They're great fun and free to play online!

But now I'm more interested in their feature release, Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites. It's coming this summer apparently, and they've got a nice 'BOGOF' type offer going at the moment. Refer a friend to buy the game and download the game for free yourself. $5 each sounds spot on to me, if any of you fancy divvying in with me?

The teaser trailer is useless, but the description sounds good.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
I changed my title

Tempting...

I like the Reemus games, though I think I've played them out of order. I also never finished the first chapter (or was it chapter 0?). Still, they are pretty and enjoyable, if a bit gorey. Which is why a family friendly version sounds weird.

However, having to pay extra for the ability to play offline sounds kind of greedy. Since the offline version still has some DRM (registration keys), paying an extra $5 has little advantage.

So, no, I'm not going to buy it for now.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 AM   #3

I think maybe you've misunderstood the game description. The game they're releasing this summer is a new, full-length game that won't be available to play online.

Quote:
Ballads of Reemus is a completely new and original premium adventure game featuring Reemus and Liam. It is currently planned to be released in Summer 2010. Chapter 4 of Several Journeys of Reemus is a seperate web game, also in development.
I would also have to say that even the online versions 'gore' factor was pretty lighthearted. It was always presented in a very comedic fashion. But...

Quote:
The Ballads of Reemus are tales of Reemus' life as an exterminator before the Death Slug invasion. Completely stand alone from The Several Journeys storyline, The Ballads will explore Reemus' attempts to find glory and respect as the Kingdom of Fredricus' only exterminator.
I'm not entirely sure how interesting this storyline sounds compared to the online version. I imagine I'll still be purchasing it though.

Edit: My apologies, I was the one not reading the site properly.

There will be an option to play it online. I hadn't even noticed those payment options. That's ridiculous how they're charging more for a download. Surely the bandwidth consumption would be the only differing factor in the equation, and that would logically be more of a factor for the online purchase.

In a matter of minutes, this has put me right off.....

Last edited by GreeN; 04-29-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #4

Sorry to double post, but I just had a look through their forums about the subject. My mind is all jumbled about this now lol.

Quote:
The game's full price is $15. We offered the reduced price option of $10 if you want to play the game online instead of downloading it. Not only does this option make it easier to roll out updates to the game, it also makes it easier for us to save your progress in a database. Plus it encourages people to participate in the ClickShake community and helps us prevent piracy, and we figured those things were worth $5 off.

For the record, we actually ARE planning to update the game(s) in the future. We want to integrate our games into each other in a way that portals aren't doing, to give you more of an integrated experience when you play on our site. For example, there might be a swamp in Ballads of Reemus. Let's say you get a special snorkel in Several Journeys Chapter 5 when that comes out. So in Ballads we roll out a free content update at the same time so if you have the snorkel you can go in the swamp now and experience the game in a new way. We want to add in fun little unlocks like that, possibly even outside the Reemus series. Some inter-game quest chains will be completely free too.

This is just an example of the type of thing we're planning. Since you might want to resume your progress in an older Reemus when new content updates come out like this, it's best if your progress is stored in a database instead of offline on your computer which can have hard drive failure or whatever. So for progress saving and content updates, it's quicker and easier for both members and us to stop by the site and instantly experience the latest content.

Also, for anyone without a credit card or bank account, we have a sweet option for you to score a FREE copy of Ballads called Refer a Friend. I'm going to start a new thread about it so hop on over if you're interested or have any questions about it.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
I changed my title

Seems like they are very eager to get people on their portal. Maybe a little too eager?

What's important regarding this price, and I don't think I see them mention it, is how long the game is?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #6

Hmm.. Good point!

I've just queried the game-play length on their forums.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #7
I changed my title

Thanks!

"A few hours", or "2 - 4 days of gameplay"? Nothing conclusive yet, then.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #8

I should have a better answer regarding play time once I get closer to finishing the game. I'm still knee deep in artwork and design.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #9

http://www.clickshakegames.com/forum...es=17#post-385

Quote:
I'm currently playing through a Whispered World (at night before bed when my work days done!) and trying to aim for around that level of length.
Sounds like a good length if all comes through.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #10

I just wanted to post an update regarding "The Ballads of Reemus". We're still grinding away at it, currently we're hoping for an early 2011 release.

We've also launched an official website for it, you can check it out here:
http://www.balladsofreemus.com

Here's some of the game features:
  • 30 detailed hand-drawn locations, including Reemus' hometown.
  • 27 new and interesting characters to meet along the way.
  • Two playable characters, Reemus & Liam.
  • Fully voice acted dialogue, a first for any Reemus game.
  • Easy to control point and click game play with casual level difficulty.

In conjunction with the launch of the full length game, we'll also be releasing Chapter 4 of the free Several Journeys of Reemus web series but if you pre-order the game we'll let you play Chapter 4 now, as a thank you for supporting the development.

Keep adventuring!
Jay Ziebarth
Old 11-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
Tea & Cookie Monster

Looks like something to keep out for!