You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Amanita Design sales figures?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #1

Default Amanita Design sales figures?

Hey all - I'm currently looking into Amanita Design for a research project and am having difficulty finding any information regarding sales figures or units sold from any of the Amanita Design titles, something I figure Amanita keep to themselves for obvious reasons.

It's a little hard to judge I imagine with all the various portals their games go through, but does anyone have any kind of rough figures they think even Machinarium alone might have been sold? Estimations are fine, I wouldn't even know how to estimate it myself. Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Or maybe only thousands? I would guess tens of thousands myself, but I could be completely wrong...

(P.S. sorry admins if I've put this in the wrong place - I thought since it involved discussing Amanita it might belong here...?)

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Senior *female* member

The first boxed edition, published by Daedalic in Germany, was sold out at amazon.de within a week and everywhere else within 10-12 days.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The first boxed edition, published by Daedalic in Germany, was sold out at amazon.de within a week and everywhere else within 10-12 days.
Oh wow! That's awesome, thanks Fien. Buuut, would you have any idea what kind of stock they would have kept there? I mean, it's amazing if they had plenty in stock, but maybe they just didn't have that much because they didn't think it would sell that well? Any rough idea on what number they might have carried?

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance