Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The Book Of Unwritten Tales English US New Release Date Have Been Dated (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26713-book-unwritten-tales-english-us-new-release-date-have-been-dated.html)

Bout 04-21-2010 04:14 PM

The Book Of Unwritten Tales English US New Release Date Have Been Dated

Hi,

Just looked in amazon.com and found that :

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

But if you will scroll a little bit down on the left you will see :

Release Date: April 27, 2010

Wich is in 5 days !

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Unwritten...3&sr=8-1-spell

Now i searched in google for more web sites who sell the game and found that :

In Buy.com the release date is 28 of april 2010 : http://www.buy.com/prod/book-of-unwr...212636797.html

And here it says release date 29 of april 2010 :
http://www.fye.com/The-Book-of-Unwri...VVviewprod.htm

And if we know that the whispered world is going to be out tommorow and black mirror 2 is going to be out soon too .
So its very logic they will release book of unwritten tales with this wave of games since it will give a great market selling war .

My guess in the few next days we will see the book of unwritten tales in stores in the us !

Phod 04-21-2010 04:31 PM

heh, weird.. I hope that is the case.

Coincidentally I emailed Dreamcatcher just TODAY for an updated release date. Will report on the result.

Edit: Someone on the Gameboomers forum claims the game may be cancelled for the US release. Hope not. Will hopefully hear back from Dreamcatcher.

Bout 04-21-2010 04:53 PM

I hope they didnt cancell the game because i translated it from german to english:

I cant tell i still think they didnt cancell it .
I couldnt find on any site release date for the uk only for usa .

But look at this :

Link removed

This the game in German voices but i have translated on my own all the text in the game to english .
I know even some of the game developer left me a message in the inbox in youtube about this translation .

But again it dosent mean the cancelled the game .

I think the game will be out in the next few days and like many other adventure games sometimes they are coming out without make any noise about it .

You all can try this translation i did i finished the game long time ago and he is the best adventure game i ever played !

Anyway the english website of the game is gone and not exist anymore .
I hope it dosent mean the game have been cancelled .

booB 04-21-2010 05:29 PM

Always take Amazon.com release dates with a grain of salt, as they are often there just as a placeholder when a true release date is unavailable.

Phod 04-21-2010 05:31 PM

I hope so too.. been wanting this game forever. I have your subtitles somewhere and will just have to resort to them if the game doesn't come out..

Jackal 04-21-2010 06:10 PM

April 27th is correct (it's what our release calendar said even before Amazon. ;)) Still a chance it could slide to May, though, so waiting on final confirmation from The Adventure Company that the game's a go for that date.

Phod 04-21-2010 07:29 PM

Amusing to see the tale of two forums. Gameboomers is convinced the game is cancelled. Jackal seems convinced it's coming out next week.

Jackal 04-21-2010 08:52 PM

Hm, weird. I spoke to TAC about the game just yesterday. Then again, let's just say it wouldn't be unusual for the right hand not to know what the left hand is doing with a number of adventure publishers, so neither outcome would surprise me.

Phod 04-21-2010 09:39 PM

heh and you got word just yesterday that the game is due out as soon as next week?

Jackal 04-21-2010 09:48 PM

And even then only because I asked. But that also isn't particularly unusual. People would be amazed at how little publicity many publishers do for adventures of their own accord. :frusty:

Phod 04-21-2010 09:53 PM

Heh, well here's hoping.

I emailed Dreamcatcher earlier today before this thread appeared cause I asked about it late last year. If they respond, I'll let you know in this thread.

Phod 04-22-2010 09:11 AM

Here's what I got back from Dreamcatcher:

"In regards to our title “Book of Unwritten Tales” for PC, the current estimated release date is for late May early June."

peterdk 04-22-2010 09:28 AM

I played both the Whispereld World and Unwritten Tales and I must say they both have their strongs and weaknesses. But overall I liked Unwritten Tales more then WW. Do like to know how they both are in English.

Wouter 05-08-2010 03:48 AM

Whispered World has definately rekindled my interest in adventure games. Is Book of Unwritten Tales still planned to be released in english?

Neptin 05-08-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter (Post 548522)
Whispered World has definately rekindled my interest in adventure games.

The Book of Unwritten Tales did the same thing for me. It's one of or even the best adventure(s) in years. Very polished and entertaining, with many hours of funny dialogs and pretty graphics. Translation/dubbing could be the only problem with the english version.

Jackal 05-21-2010 03:31 PM

In the ongoing on-again-off-again soap opera that is the Book of Unwritten Tales, I've now been told (by their PR rep) that TAC has canceled the game.

Which of course means it could release any time between now and never. But that's the latest word, anyway.

ozzie 05-21-2010 06:38 PM

That's depressing. :(
Book of Unwritten Tales is truly one of the best adventures I played in the past years, and the most financially successful German one of last year, too.
I never understood the decisions of TAC, but I always get the feeling that they decide against common sense. Hrm...

Sughly 05-21-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 549785)
In the ongoing on-again-off-again soap opera that is the Book of Unwritten Tales, I've now been told (by their PR rep) that TAC has canceled the game.

Which of course means it could release any time between now and never. But that's the latest word, anyway.

Whaaaaaat? Pfft. Lame. Big time lame.

ozzie 05-22-2010 07:12 AM

If Book of Unwritten Tales isn't lucrative for them, what is?

Phaid 05-22-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 549785)

Wha... That applies to the US only or the English version in general?
If it's the latter - so many years of waiting, only to find out the game will NEVER come out? Excuse me, I think I'm going to go cry in a nearby corner... :frusty: