Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Space Quest 5 - Is there a CDrom / "sierra-talkie" version? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26663-space-quest-5-there-cdrom-sierra-talkie-version.html)

Adventurer4Life 04-13-2010 03:20 PM

Space Quest 5 - Is there a CDrom / "sierra-talkie" version?

<--- Note: I am cross posting this forum @ SpaceQuest.net as I am not really sure what kind of traffic that forum gets... --->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there...

I am trying to fill some holes in my sierra collection and I was wondering if there is a CDROM version of Space Quest 5, with more audio. I only seam to be able to find the space quest 5 floppy disk version. It confuses me as I could easily find a cdrom version of space quest 4.

Wikipedia says that the CDROM / Talkie version was not released, but then makes mention of the space quest collection...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Although this game came after the CD-ROM "talkie" version of Space Quest IV, it was originally released on floppy disks only (although it would later be released on a compilation CD containing the entire Space Quest series), and early plans for a talkie version of the game were scrapped. According to then-Dynamix artist Sean Murphy, this was because Dynamix was in financial trouble at the time, and they were eager to release new games instead of working on "gold versions" of already-released games

1) So dose this mean that there IS a cdrom version but it is only in one of the collections?

2) If so witch one? Space Quest: Collector's Edition (1994) or Space Quest: Collection Series (1996) (there was a 3rd collection as well in 95, but I can not find it on sale anywhere so it is not relevant.. though let me know if IT has the version I am looking for)

3) I know there is a GoG and a Steam collection.. dose this have the CDrom version of space quest 5?

I am obviously looking for a boxed version for my collection but will settle for a digital download if the alternative is not having the audio version.

Thanks for any help you can give me in clearing this up

Monolith 04-13-2010 05:22 PM

Space Quest V does not have a talkie version. I really wished it had one though.

Adventurer4Life 04-13-2010 06:38 PM

yea, this is what I thought... but there defiantly isn't a "talkie" version on any of the collection disks?

Collector 04-13-2010 08:34 PM

There was one planned, but it was canceled because of budget constraints. Don't forget, this is the episode that was sent to Dynamix to be developed after Mark Crowe moved there.

Adventurer4Life 04-13-2010 08:37 PM

yea, this is what I thought... it was just spacequest.net and that wiki article were confusing me that there was some "hidden" "talkie" version in one of the collection sets that was released... but if there isn't as it appears.. then.. hey.. my space quest set is complete (and has been for ages)!!

woot-a-loot-a-hoot-a-lot!!