Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   New Horror Adventure On The Horizon! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26657-new-horror-adventure-horizon.html)

Agustin 04-13-2010 07:46 AM

New Horror Adventure On The Horizon!

Hey there AG'ers. Since I'm not announcing a new game "per se" but merely teasing you with secrets and mysteries, the news wasn't picked here. So I'm personally letting you all know about this until the big unveil within the next few months.

So, Senscape Interactive is up with a brand new website, forums and three mysterious projects on the horizon. One of them is a horror adventure that will undoubtedly surprise and terrify you, currently dubbed Unnamable Project. To make it short: this is exactly what fans of Scratches have been waiting for.

I invite you to visit the website right here: http://www.senscape.net

You may also join our forums which have exclusive materials from Unnamable Project for registered users: http://www.senscape.net/forum/

Finally, you can read the whole PR right over here: http://www.senscape.net/press/PR_Senscape_090410.html

Hope you enjoy the news so far, and do stay tuned for more exciting things! :)

ZeframCochrane 04-13-2010 09:07 AM

Wooo... seems very interesting! I loved Scratches :D

I'll register to the forum and take a look around :)

Thanks!

Hamham Chan 04-13-2010 10:15 AM

Awesome news. Scratches is one the best adventure games in recent years. :)

Luna Sevithiainen 04-13-2010 10:20 AM

Even though Scratches scared me so much that two years after having played it I am still to afraid to replay it, I think this one willl be amazing to play as well. The atmosphere on the site breathes something Scratches-like as well. And if it has as strong a plot as Scratches then I'll definately give it a try!

Elvira 04-13-2010 10:23 AM

Ooh, Scratches was awesome!
The website is absolutely making me shiver!
How long do we have to wait for this game? :D

Agustin 04-13-2010 12:02 PM

We are very enthusiastic about this project and it's truly amazing to see that you are as well :)

Unnamable Project is bound to meet even the most wild expectations and I really mean that. We're been working on the game for a long time and expect to complete it within the next year. It builds on the same philosophy of Scratches, both in terms of gameplay and style. Puzzles are going to be more forgiving this time though. No more "aimlessly wandering around".

Believe me when I tell you that this is going to be huge, almost three times as large as Scratches, and will boast one of the most terrifying and menacing atmospheres ever experienced in adventure games. Yes, we're very confident :7

skurken 04-13-2010 02:04 PM

This is the best news since, well, forever :) Scratches is one of my all time favorties.

cbman 04-13-2010 03:07 PM

Sorry, i'm confused... are you someone who worked on Scratches? (Nucleosys wasn't it?) or are you jsut saying that game is your inspiration?

Kazmajik 04-13-2010 05:57 PM

Great news! I loved Scratches and it looks like the Unnameable Project will be exceptional as well. Can't wait!

inm8#2 04-13-2010 09:14 PM

Scratches was amazing. This looks to be in the same mold. I love it.

ZeframCochrane 04-14-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbman (Post 545576)
Sorry, i'm confused... are you someone who worked on Scratches? (Nucleosys wasn't it?) or are you jsut saying that game is your inspiration?

I was wondering the same thing. But then I checked the PR link in the first post, and I noticed that "Senscape Interactive is the creation of AgustĂ*n Cordes, better known as the designer and director of the cult classic and award-winning Scratches horror adventure."
:)

Judging by the user name, I guess OP is AgustĂ*n Cordes himself. :)

MoP 04-14-2010 03:23 AM

That he is.
Cellar Of Rats, responsible for the music in Scratches, is also on board (albeit in a different role, for a different project it seems) as well as a number of artists, some with Oscar-winning credentials.
I R licking my chops in anticipation ;).

Agustin 04-14-2010 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane (Post 545637)

Yup, that's right. Sorry, this is my blogger alter ego :P

Hamham Chan 04-14-2010 07:43 AM

What will the hardware requirements be? Hopefully us that dont have a super powered pc will be able to run the game.

Agustin 04-14-2010 08:11 AM

We're going to great extents to make this work as best as possible on lower-end systems, but keep in mind that the game is going to be quite graphically intensive. I'm particularly talking about a very dynamic visual style with shaders and stuff.

Sandman 04-14-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamham Chan (Post 545659)
What will the hardware requirements be? Hopefully us that dont have a super powered pc will be able to run the game.

If its 3D (speaking purely in terms of graphics) we are probably $crw3d! Although I think Intel MGA on my HP Laptop may run it quite well.

Jelena 04-14-2010 10:16 AM

Great news!
I loved the horror of Scratches although I remember having a bit of a problem to play it due to motion sickness.
But the environment, story and the scary parts were great. It scared me to pieces, to the point of screaming out loud! I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to such a scare once again. :D

danigar 04-14-2010 10:29 AM

YAAY This is great news!! I love Scratches is one of my favorite games and the scariest one for me, which is to say a lot because I don't usually get scared with games, but the atmosphere from this one really captivated me. And I would love this opportunity to congratulate Agustin himself :D I'm really looking forward to this :9~

cbman 04-14-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane (Post 545637)
I was wondering the same thing. But then I checked the PR link in the first post, and I noticed that "Senscape Interactive is the creation of AgustĂ*n Cordes, better known as the designer and director of the cult classic and award-winning Scratches horror adventure."
:)

Ah! Good stuff then.

Certainly from the very small amount of material on the website this looks like my kind of game.

As well as instantly thinking of the obvious Lovecraft ('the unnameable' is a Lovecraft story of course) reading the little text scraps that were interspersed with the creepy pictures also evoked Mark Danielewski's novel 'House of Leaves' for me.

HaroldO 04-14-2010 04:39 PM

I usually like horror games but since I'm relatively new to adventure games I never played Scratches. Where can I buy it? I mean besides ebay?