You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure My first video playthrough

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #1

Default My first video playthrough

Very excited to start my very first adventure game playthrough on youtube. Always wanted to do this and finally it has begun. I did spend some time on deciding which game to do because all the popular ones had been done. But I did come up with a list of smaller overlooked games and in the end picked one that I want to do first. Guess which one I am doing the videos on? haha...
Here is the link if you guys are interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/123Pazu?...40AB23BD6D8C0C

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Cool. I'll watch those later and then comment. Just out of curiousity, which software are you using to record this?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
I changed my title

Thanks for doing this. I love cartoon adventures so getting a chance to finally see (spoiler?) Clandestiny was great.

Just a bit of criticism - since this is a walkthrough for a puzzle heavy game, maybe put an annotation for how each puzzle works? Most are obvious, but a few took me a while to understand (like the ship puzzle).

As for the game, I have to say it looks like a mixed bag. Combining cartoon characters with a dark, cgi casle environment doesn't really work.
Same with the story; sometimes it's dark and even sad (like the kid ghosts and the cook) but alot of the of the time it tries to be funny. The characters' reactions to the ghosts correspond to this - sometimes they are afraid of them, and sometimes they laugh at them.
Also, the main characters are annoying. Why would I want to help those two? Because of the uneven writing, you don't see them evolve so you can't really relate to them.
Also - Heavy Scottish accents and no subtitles? What were they thinking?

So, do you have plans for more walkthroughs?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #4

Clandestiny was fun to play again. Most of the puzzles I did do real time, but a few including the ship and the oval puzzle near the end, those were impossible m to solve and I used a walkthrough myself... Currently doing Temujin, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it or not. I love the story last time I played it, but the movements/controls of this game are just horrendous. Any of you want me to continue? Possible games still on my video list include Faust, Timelapse, Nightlong, Rent a hero, Tex Murphy Overseer... I only want to do the ones not currently on Youtube, so selection is extremely limited...

And HaroldO, I am using zd soft screen recorder and VirtualDub...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
I changed my title

Rent-a-Hero seems interesting and I don't think many people played it.

Or maybe Timelapse. I could never find much info about this game.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #6

Is there anywhere online that i could find an easy 'how to' for recording video of your computer? This is something i've thought of doing before.