Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   What's happening with Edna & Harvey? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26631-whats-happening-edna-harvey.html)

Jackal 01-12-2011 01:11 PM

Jason! Good to see you here.

Ah yes, quite possible that Amazon UK is much better. I was mainly referring to the hopelessly, eternally unreliable Amazon US.

"Some" copies are coming? Gee, I wonder why so many? :P coughAGcontestcomingcough.

jasonc123 01-12-2011 01:35 PM

Well i'm on a train from London so I thought I would pop along and see what was going on!

Yes, true and agree, Amazon US are a pain in the "bottom" area, and I would like to congrats to our amazing friends at Daedalic for securing US through Viva who are a great company and a great choice.... shows that a product like Edna with the right sort of confidence can do. We have had some really great feedback here from all magazines, online, so I hope that Viva and of course Daedalic are succesful on this....

and back to you coughAGcontestcough ;)

ADan 01-12-2011 01:51 PM

Hello Fien,

I usually don't know who my proofreaders - or rather native final editors - are. But I believe this time it was someone from the US (when I started translating the deal was still with Merscom, I reckon). For some reason I never ask either. Probably to keep myself from worrying too much about possible scrutiny by some 'pro' and to stay with my own creative flow. It might be a good thing too that I'm not really deep into the AG business either. Keeps my mind on the task at hand which is strictly linguistic without having to worry about anything concerning technicalities. These are for my editors/proofreaders/quality managers to ponder.

I sure hope the result is not only presentable but also that the humor of the translation strikes the right tone with the majority of gamers and everyone enjoys the dialogue as much as I enjoyed translating it.

As for the final editor ... I guess we both have to wait till we hold our respective copies in our hands and we can look it up in the booklet.

Cheers, Dan.

ADan 01-12-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonc123 (Post 569133)
We have had some really great feedback here from all magazines, online, [...]

Hi Jason,

could you post some links? I take it you're referring to feedback from people who actually have had their hands on the final product. I'm dying to find out how the translation is faring.

Cheers, Dan.

jasonc123 01-12-2011 02:41 PM

Dan

I am talking about some big magaiznes, websites etc who over the last week or so have been trying to "get" Edna... the hardest part is for "Non" advventure players to understand, and E+H has been a tough one to portray to the public that in fact it is a matter of genius..... once we showed code to the respected people ( and we are talking BIG sites) thet started to show interest...

We are all pleased the way it has come out and I hope you are all too, at the end of the day you guys keep our options going and been able to bring these unique, inspiring games to the adventure gamers , and honestly, I solute you for that.

Jason

Idrisguitar 01-12-2011 02:48 PM

thanks guys, personally cant wait for this game, sounds like you really are behind it too so ill definitely be supporting it not only with my money, but will try and convince my bro and friends to buy it too.

the more daedalic translation there are the better.

ADan 01-12-2011 02:52 PM

Thanks Jason,

alright, I guess we'll all have to wait until those big magazines publish their opinions. I hope they'll start soon or I'll start losing my hair in anticipation instead.

(Of course I still hope we'll all read about E+H and their attempt to escape on this very site quite soon ...)

Phaid 01-13-2011 06:49 AM

I've just placed a preorder, here's hoping the translation and voice acting are at least "decent" - I've been looking forward to playing E&H for so long.

zenger 01-13-2011 11:06 AM

Another pre-order here :D

Looking forward to playing the game :D

Phod 01-13-2011 09:14 PM

Amazon UK wont ship to the US right? Kinda want the Collector's Edition.

Dwagginz 01-14-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phod (Post 569286)
Amazon UK wont ship to the US right? Kinda want the Collector's Edition.

Don't think so.

Game UK, however, do. E&H at Game.

Phod 01-14-2011 09:22 AM

hey, thanks. So Edna's release date is 2/11 now? (as shown at Game.uk)

Dwagginz 01-14-2011 09:58 AM

I'm not sure. Amazon still says 21st of Jan.

ADan 01-19-2011 02:43 AM

A first (very basic) review can be found here:

http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/blog/re...-the-breakout/

[Review Overview : “A great story, the graphics could have been a little crisper but still a brilliant way to spend a few days”]

And the thing that interests me the most:

[The audio is top notch, the characters are well voiced and convincing, the effects used are decent the game itself is well translated from the original German version.]

That sounds promising.

(A little off topic (maybe belongs in the discount thread) but interesting nonetheless: Amazon.co.uk has lowered the price to 7.99 BP. Does that mean they've already met their pre-release sales goals or is the opposite true ... ?)

Dwagginz 01-19-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADan (Post 569748)
(A little off topic (maybe belongs in the discount thread) but interesting nonetheless: Amazon.co.uk has lowered the price to 7.99 BP. Does that mean they've already met their pre-release sales goals or is the opposite true ... ?)

Game did it first, so maybe it's to compete with them.

Dwagginz 01-27-2011 07:19 AM

Oh, how typical. The game seems to have been delayed until the 11th of Feb, and the price has doubled back to £15 on both Game and Amazon.

Phaid 02-14-2011 02:22 PM

Has anyone had their order despatched? My copy hasn't even been sent yet...

ADan 02-14-2011 02:33 PM

Hello Phaid,

I got my (second copy) on Feb, 11th from amazon.co.uk.

Idrisguitar 02-14-2011 02:40 PM

got mine, haven;t had time to play it though.

should be dispatched as normal, i have prime (free trial) and it came the day after i ordered it. so you might be having royal mail problems if its taking ages.

cant wait to hear reactions from the community, wont get time to play this for at least a few weeks.

in other news, lace mamba have listings on amazon.co.uk for not only new beginning, but also deponia, for march and may respectively.

thats pretty good if those dates are even remotely accurate.

Fien 02-16-2011 08:15 AM

I got mine very fast too, within 2 days. Love the poster. :) Not every NPC is on it, for instance my beloved guard* at the exit of the asylum is missing. A tiny part, but very funny and absolutely wonderful voiceacting (in the original German game). I have played the English version only for 30 minutes. Of course I have to get used to the different voices of Edna and Harvey, but they sound fine to me.

I goooogled for reviews, read a very positive one at some site I hadn't been before and a negative one by Eurogamer (5 out 10), which I don't recommend reading because it's riddled with spoilers.

EDIT: *I meant the receptionist, not the gatekeeper.