You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure RunAway 3: Great Fun but too short!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Sandman
Default RunAway 3: Great Fun but too short!

I just finished Run Away 3. I must say I haven't enjoyed any adventure game since the LOST CROWN. But RA3 just fed my hunger. It was an excellent game with great graphics, dialogue and story line. I usually prefer seriousness with dark environment, a touch of horror &/or mystery. But the blend of comedy and seriousness in RA3 was just too good. The game was also very logical in figuring out what is to be done which saved me from frustration and after a very long time I actually did not have to go through a walkthrough. However, there was only 1 flaw ... the game is too short.

RA-2 - the game I really did not enjoy the least bit - with its poor dialogue and and story and illogical puzzles, had longer torturing play time, even after playing the entire game with the help of walkthroughs.

Some how the Pendulo Studio managed to disappoint me once again!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

At least the disappointment came from lack of quantity and not lack of quality this time. By the way, I only played the first game and pretty much couldn't stand it — how does the third compare to that one?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #3

I did not like part 3. I thought the story is super boring. The first 2 games for me were exciting, may be the settings/locations had something to do with it. Twist of Fate takes place entirely in the city (well, minus that one location in the wild), and I didn't feel like I was running away from anything. Also the game did not start right for me. The 1st chapter (Gina in the graveyard) was boring, may be I was expecting a continuation of the story from Turtle. And that didn't happen till much later in the game, but even than, you were mainly told what happened instead of playing it out yourself. I think the game could have be been better if it went chronologically, instead of these flashbacks we got...
Old 03-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanparkerfilms View Post
At least the disappointment came from lack of quantity and not lack of quality this time. By the way, I only played the first game and pretty much couldn't stand it — how does the third compare to that one?
I couldn't stand the 1 either so didn't play through it to the end. But compared to the 2 (which I completed by going through walkthrough ... just to get rid of it) the 3rd part is much better but of course everyone has different opinion. The only issue, besides it being too short, is that it does not connect to where the part 2 left of.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
I did not like part 3. I thought the story is super boring. The first 2 games for me were exciting, may be the settings/locations had something to do with it. Twist of Fate takes place entirely in the city (well, minus that one location in the wild), and I didn't feel like I was running away from anything. Also the game did not start right for me. The 1st chapter (Gina in the graveyard) was boring, may be I was expecting a continuation of the story from Turtle. And that didn't happen till much later in the game, but even than, you were mainly told what happened instead of playing it out yourself. I think the game could have be been better if it went chronologically, instead of these flashbacks we got...
You are right ... the end of the part 2 and the beginning of the part 3 did not connect to each other what so ever, but then the story was non-linear. Nevertheless, the game over all could not connect to part-2 but it was still very very good ... certainly much better then 1 & 2 and better then the recent games.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #6

I actually enjoyed the idea of not exactly knowing where everything was at the beginning of 3. Created intrigue and inspired me to push on and unravel the little bits of information to being me up to date. Thoroughly enjoyed this one (particularly in comparison to the lacklustre second title). The Marx brother (actor) was a great albeit annoying character . The contortionist in the ward was also great.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #7

Despite some controversies, the Runaway series turned to be one of my favourite adventure games of all times. They just have everything I look for in such a game. This includes graphic, music, story, characters, locations and atmosphere.

I've imensily enjoyed this last installment and also liked "The Dream of the Turtle", though I must agree that it's storyline is somewhat confusing, and the pace of the story development is rather slow. All the same, it still has it's moments.

When "Runaway" is mentioned, I always mean the whole triology, but if I had to choose, I would probably say the first one is the best. Some of you may frown at this, but it has the undeniable charm.

All in all, it all came as a nice package, but I hope that Pendulo Studios will continue developing new games in this style.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 03-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

ive completed 1 and 3 as for two i foolishly installed it on my laptop and i have had to reinstall windows i think 7 times this year alone lol. From what i played of two and i was quite close to finishing i liked it and i loved 1 and 3 i liked but i agree TOO SHORT.

i will say this i hope they make a new game , yes i miss brian and gina but there was deffinatly some gems all they needed were polishing.

Marise-Chiko
Old 03-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
Banned User

Send a message via ICQ to HELPME9999

If you want it for free check out this contest:
http://www.actualgamer.com/actualgam...ia-de-runaway/
Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #10

After playing all three games over a period of a year or so, I found that the first one was the best, probably because it was the first one, the second was abit more dissapointing but still good enough for me to play it twice.
The third one was abit of a roller coaster, it went from frustrating to boring to fun and back again before it was all wrapped up to quickly.

all in all I think it's one of the better series of "modern" time adventure games I'we played my self, I absolutly love the graphics and all, but the puzzles are abit off sometimes, the game is shorter then I would like it, hopefully there will be more adventures from Brian and Gina, maybe going more back to the first one in the way of doing it. (I'll buy it anyway)
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #11
VanCrau

Default The magic touch ...

was unfortunately missing in Fate. But it was good fun while it lasted. The beginning was indeed a bit boring but it got better toward the middle part - I particulary enjoyed the scene in hut. A touch more adventuring and less flashbacks would have done miracles.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
Girly gamer

I really, really enjoyed this game. For the most part I'm not much into cartoon adventures, I find them to be silly and boring. But this one - wow. Smart and funny and good-looking too. I haven't played the two first ones. Well, after playing the third I read about the first one being a real classic so I bought it. But unfortunatly I can already tell by the first couple of scenes that I absolutly hate it. Sigh, I'm a little disapointed right now.