Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Can't wait any longer for? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/26452-cant-wait-any-longer.html)

Sandman 03-10-2010 01:42 PM

Can't wait any longer for?

I just can't wait any longer for the following games. The wait is getting on my nerves. What is taking so `@#$%%^^&& bloody long? :frown: :@

BLACK MIRROR 2
Alter Ego
DARKNESS WITHIN - 2
Lost Horizon
Mile of Crying
Once Upon a Time in Japan
Gray Matter

J.H 03-10-2010 01:59 PM

Can't believe I've never heard of Once Upon a Time in Japan before, looks amazing.

Luther10 03-10-2010 02:01 PM

GRAY MATTER, 7 years in the making, WOW

adventor 03-10-2010 02:46 PM

Edna and Harvey English release... I'm going to snap and end up in an asylum if I don't get it soon.

Sughly 03-10-2010 04:02 PM

Whispered World/ Deponia, and naturally I have to second Gray Matter.

AndreaDraco83 03-10-2010 04:43 PM

Gray Matter's sequel ;)

HaroldO 03-10-2010 05:09 PM

I'm actually very patient usually only buy a after the first year of launch but those I really want to be released are:
- Dreamfall Chapters
- Last Window (in english)

inm8#2 03-10-2010 08:20 PM

Gray Matter
Gray Matter
Gray Matter

and I might as well add GK4, although I know it'll never happen, I can still imagine it.

Fien 03-11-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventor (Post 541602)
Edna and Harvey English release... I'm going to snap and end up in an asylum if I don't get it soon.

...where you have all the time in the world to learn German and after you have played the original game, you realise there are ways to escape from the asylum and all is well that ends well...

I can't wait for Deponia. And Bracken Tor. And Sam&Max3. And I suppose Gray Matter too. I suppose.

Sandman 03-11-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sughly (Post 541612)
Whispered World/ Deponia, and naturally I have to second Gray Matter.

I forgot all about Whispered World and Deponia. They seem very good games but are just falling below my "Can't Wait Any Longer" list. But they are for sure on "to play" list.

Sandman 03-11-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luther10 (Post 541597)
GRAY MATTER, 7 years in the making, WOW

Lot of babies have grown up, gown to school and talking back rudely already since Gray Matter and Alan Wake were announced and now I'll be getting married. I hope they come out before I have children and certainly before they go to school and talk back at me.

Developers take too much time and deliver too little in the end. All they think about is making money.

Sandman 03-25-2010 08:44 PM

Here is the complete list for most awaited adventure games for 2010 on my list:

The Last Crown: The Haunting of Hallowed Isle
BLACK MIRROR 2
Alter Ego
DARKNESS WITHIN - 2
Lost Horizon
Face Noir: The Cat with Jade Eyes
Jekyll & Hyde
A New Beginning
Mile of Crying
AlternativA
Gray Matter
A Stroke of Fate
Night Watcher

Fantasysci5 03-26-2010 08:14 AM

I'm getting antsy about Braken Tor, since it seems like I've been waiting a long time for it. It's getting on my nerves. And of course the Dreamfall chapters, but I've all but given up on them.

Others ones I'm looking forward to but have not yet gotten impatient for are Black Mirror 2, Alter Ego, and of course, The Last Crown.

mgeorge 03-26-2010 09:02 AM

Last Crown for me although I haven't heard anything about it.

I just did a quick search for Darkness Within 2 which also interests me, however it appears that's not coming out anytime soon either. I never played the first one because it didn't get very good reviews, but I love the Lovecraftian theme.

I heard the "read his mind" element was a good idea, but not implemented very well.

What do you guys think?

Denaron 03-26-2010 10:46 AM

1st- Syberia 3
2nd- Dream Fall Chapters
3rd- The Last Crown
4th- Gray Matter
5th- Alter Ego

DustyShinigami 03-26-2010 11:30 AM

Gray Matter, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - Director's Cut (PC) and Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse are the only ones I'm looking forward to.

Possibly The Whispered World, but the English voice acting doesn't sound convincing.

Phaid 03-26-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman (Post 541591)
BLACK MIRROR 2
Alter Ego
DARKNESS WITHIN - 2
Lost Horizon
Mile of Crying
Gray Matter

These and also The Book of Unwritten Tales. I'm really excited to play it, but the English release is still nowhere to be seen.

Oh well, I've just bought the Collector's Edition of Machinarium and loving every minute of it, so it should satiate my hunger for adventure gamers for the time being... It'll have to.

Harald B 03-26-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman (Post 543331)

I'm sorry to say that this one is vaporware. :frown: After a long time without any updates, the developer's site suddenly went down a while back. Given how cheap web hosting can be these days, that can hardly mean anything other than that they're gone.

Sughly 03-26-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaid (Post 543409)
Oh well, I've just bought the Collector's Edition of Machinarium and loving every minute of it, so it should satiate my hunger for adventure gamers for the time being... It'll have to.

Man I bought that thing for 10 pounds. 10 pounds! Best 10 pounds I've ever spent, hands down. Probably the best packaging and contents I've bought in years, comparable to games I've payed $100-$110 Australian dollars.

Back on topic... DEPONIA! And Whispered World :D. Oh and since my last post, most definately MI2:SE.

Erwin_Br 03-26-2010 05:33 PM

Whispered World, Sam & Max 3, Monkey Island 2 SE, Deponia, Heavy Rain. Okay, that last one is wishful thinking, I know. ;)