Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   More S&M: Freelance Police screenshots (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2640-more-s-m-freelance-police-screenshots.html)

HieroHero 03-26-2004 06:13 PM

more new freelance police screenshots!!!

yes it gets even better..well worse i guess.. the may issue of gamepro has a preview of freelance police and more new shots we've never seen before.. ive put up a scan of the article.. go to http://www.savesamandmax.com click on sam & max 2 info and its under magazine previews

jjacob 03-26-2004 06:50 PM

NOOOOOOOO!!! 4 new screens ;(
Just look at 'em dance, haha, nice screens, thx for the scan. Although we seriously gotta stop doing this though, a few more screens and I'm going to be forced into taking drastic measures :crazy:

amishler 03-26-2004 08:20 PM

Sigh... Our first and last glimpse of Flint Paper, too. :frown:

Filthy, nasty LucasArtses! It hurts us! It hurts us, Precious! :(

lemonhead11 03-26-2004 08:35 PM

I noticed that the article had a Fall 2004 release date. Lucasarts had always said spring-summer. Maybe the rumor that Stemmle and Co are quietly finishing the game is true........

Yes I know I'm in denial :frusty:

HieroHero 03-26-2004 08:40 PM

what abt the shot of sam & max with guns... and gamepro said a lot of people are waiting for this game~! i can never get over the stupidity of lucasarts decision :shifty:

Dimensio 03-26-2004 09:03 PM

Just for fun, I emailed the pics from GamePro and PC Gamer to [email protected] with a "what the hell is wrong with your company" note.

I'm pondering another snail mail message. But I'm not obsessive! No! *twitch*

Draco2.5 03-26-2004 09:11 PM

It just seems so unreal that i'll never be able to play it. :(

And the weird thing is I'm still looking foward to it in a odd kind of way...

Dimensio 03-26-2004 09:14 PM

I'm tempted to start calling LucasArts, if I can find the right phone number. Daily. Possibly hourly. Just harassing them over and over again until I get a *real* answer as to why they cancelled Sam & Max 2, rather than their bull about "market conditions".

Jony 03-26-2004 09:18 PM

I think that we should bombard Lucasfarts with tons of emails....if it doesn't work...just continue to spam thier mail boxes until they learn!

Dimensio 03-26-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jony
I think that we should bombard Lucasfarts with tons of emails....if it doesn't work...just continue to spam thier mail boxes until they learn!

The email needs content, and snail mail has more of an impact -- it just takes awhile to get there. Phone calls will be more effective than email (as they take more time) and they have the advantage of being instantaneous as well.

HieroHero 03-26-2004 10:38 PM

imagine how much press this game would have got once it was finished..and if they had a demo out... the game was looking so good.. i think it could have brought the adventure game back into the mainstream.. if freelance police was a success..it would have inspired lucasarts 2 do more..and other gaming company's as well... :\

guybrush_guy 03-26-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HieroHero
imagine how much press this game would have got once it was finished..and if they had a demo out... the game was looking so good.. i think it could have brought the adventure game back into the mainstream.. if freelance police was a success..it would have inspired lucasarts 2 do more..and other gaming company's as well... :\

smells like a FACT to me!

Dujodu 03-26-2004 11:36 PM

hmm... I'm confused... When did this magazine actually hit stores??? It's the MAY 2004 issue, and it's not even April. Why would they run a story about S&M 2 without even mentioning that it was cancled... the press release was early March wasn't it? Theres no way they wouldn't have had time to pull it or add a mention of the cancellation.

Unless they are just trying to stick it to LucasArts... maybe they were so traumatized by it they decided they would just pretend it didn't happen. heh.

Kolzig 03-27-2004 03:17 AM

Ahh, these new screenshots look so darn good... :sad:

(all these new screenies keep on coming, they're making me cry)

The Seed 03-27-2004 03:53 AM

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a fully 3D Flint Paper in one of those screenshots?

Why didn't Lucasarts release these shots officially, it's as if they didn't want the world to know what a f***ing stunning game they were making.

They can spin the whole market place realities and underlying economic considerations angle all they want, this whole thing is just a massive f***ing conspiracy.
There's no way people wouldn't have bought this game if the knew how good it was going to look.

Swordmaster 03-27-2004 07:04 AM

I don't understand where these previews keep coming from. The game had practically zero coverage after the initial press release hype had gone, and now after the cancellation we've seen previews with completely new screenshots and appraisal.

Are you as confused as I am, Max?

nordic_guy 03-27-2004 08:04 AM

Doesn't it look a bit outdated to have a preview of a game that was canceled almost three months earlier?
Cool screenshots, though, but my excitement doesn't really hit the roof since I know I'll never be able to play it. :frown:

jjacob 03-27-2004 09:02 AM

This is just one more shred of proof that if this game were to hit the stores soon, the publicity would've been massive. This preview, combined with the other leads me to believe part of FP will take place on the moon, or in space (like in the FP comics). Damn LEC. I don't understand why Purcell is quoted talking about FP as if it was never cancelled, in the bloody May issue. Must mean they've had that interview on the shelve some time. Either that or there really is something going on we're all missing.

Kolzig 03-27-2004 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordmaster
I don't understand where these previews keep coming from. The game had practically zero coverage after the initial press release hype had gone, and now after the cancellation we've seen previews with completely new screenshots and appraisal.

Are you as confused as I am, Max?

Hmm, yes, all these new previews, pics & stuff just drops more gasoline to the good old conspiracy flames.

amishler 03-27-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dujodu
hmm... I'm confused... When did this magazine actually hit stores??? It's the MAY 2004 issue, and it's not even April. Why would they run a story about S&M 2 without even mentioning that it was cancled... the press release was early March wasn't it? Theres no way they wouldn't have had time to pull it or add a mention of the cancellation.

Actually, the way U.S. magazines work, the May 2004 issue would hit newstands at the beginning of April (the date on the issue is when it is removed from newstands), and would arrive in subscribers' mailboxes a week or two before that even (like, say, now). In order to print enough copies, the magazine goes to press--in other words, everything about the issue is completed and locked into place so it can go to the printer--about a month before people start getting their copies.

So, this issue, which is May 2004 and is on newstands throughout April, probably went to press at the end of February. So the editors probably gave themselves a good smack to the forehead about a week later when they saw the press release. Just one more group of people mad at LucasArts, I guess. Laissez les bon temps roulez! :)