You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Older horrorish adventure game with a kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 02:34 AM   #1

Default Older horrorish adventure game with a kid?

Trying to remember what this game is called for a couple of years, now...
I think i've played it somewhere betweenish 1998 and 2001.

The game was in the vein of Tim Burton's work (like Nightmare before Christmas). Main character is a young kid who's affraid that monsters will come for him when the night falls. His parents don't believe him and go out for the evening. As soon as they do, a big shadow goes over his house and the kid is thrown in a weird nightmarish world. The game has graphics similar to cartoons and it's not a 3D game. It has animations also done as a cartoon (i think). The game has a hub where each world is some kind of horrorish place, like the hospital (or was it an asylum, can't remember...). One paticular scene I remember was a short vid of a kid being tied to a operating table that runs across the hospital hallway with some ghouls with syringes on the bed. This was a loading screen for the hub or something.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

You're probably thinking of Nightmare Ned, based on the TV show of the same name.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #3

Oh my... Yes! That's it!

I can't believe how little information there is about this game on the "big" sites (mobygames, gamespot). It's almost impossible to figure it out on your own.

The game was really freaky back in the days and it was pretty difficult to navigate through. Thank you very very much!

Last edited by Runaway Grim; 01-26-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Banned User

I remember playing the demo as a child. Its a fun game.