Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Broken Sword 3 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2608-broken-sword-3-a.html)

BuntyK 03-24-2004 02:01 AM

Broken Sword 3

Hello everyone, im new and i have a problem. am playing broken sword 3 and up until now i have had no problems but unfortunetly i have don something stupid. Iam in the congo the second time with nico, i opened the door, i inserted the stone in the other door, got past the puzzled floor, BUT when i got to the place where the spikes come out from the wall, i got across and also got nico across but i fprgot to examine the dead man on the floor SILLY
now i have got all the way to the place where i need the plate he has but i cannt get back. Theres a hole in the floor where i jumped down earlier on, and i cannt seem to climb back up to get to the man. Is there any way possile i can go back, remember im at the door where i need to the plate so i have to go back a long way, through the room with the cystal, through the room with the power source and down the stone bridge thing and then im stuck cannot climb up :( please help me i dont want to start over.

Thank you

DomStLeger 03-24-2004 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi BuntyK,

I have a save just after the tiled floor, and George has the plate. Unfortunately I don't have anything later than that so you'll have to do the Machine puzzle and see-saw puzzles again I'm afraid. But I hope this helps; at least you won't have to restart :)

(download the attached 0.zip ands unzip it; it includes a file called 0.bss which is the save game and should go into your Broken Sword save game directory. It'll replace whatever is in the 1st slot in the save game list at the moment. If you DON'T want to replace the 1st save game change the number of the file. Eg: Change the name to 10.bss so that it takes slot 11 instead)

Hope that helps and enjoy the rest of the game :)

BuntyK 03-24-2004 08:37 AM

You my darlin are an absolute diamond, i didnt even think about asking anyone for their saved game now im happy i down have to fight with the wall. im happy now Thank you for your help :)

D.C. 03-24-2004 12:56 PM

I think there was a staircase in the room where you had to push the machine parts out of the way. :) That took you back to the place where the dead guy was. :)

Len Green 03-25-2004 03:20 AM

Quote:

Is there any way possile i can go back, remember im at the door where i need to the plate so i have to go back a long way, through the room with the cystal, through the room with the power source and down the stone bridge thing and then im stuck cannot climb up please help me i dont want to start over.
You don't NEED a Save game or have to push anything out of the way or descend any staircase etc.

I made the same mistake ... and even (wrongly) criticized it as being a dead-end WHICH IT ISN'T!

If you just walk back a very little and LOOK to the side of your screen (did it a while ago & can't remember EXACTLY without re-installing ... think it's the left side ???) you'll see a door which takes you DIRECT back to the chamber where the dead man lies.

You just have to do a bit of crate moving to avoid getting killed before obtaining the 'goods' from the corpse.