Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   whos going to E3? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2601-whos-going-e3.html)

HieroHero 03-23-2004 02:09 PM

whos going to E3?

is there many people here going to E3? i was just wondering how many people we would actually get to a protest over the sam and max 2 cancellation outside the lucasarts booth

The Seed 03-23-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HieroHero
is there many people here going to E3? i was just wondering how many people we would actually get to a protest over the sam and max 2 cancellation outside the lucasarts booth

I'm sure I would, but unfortunately I live like a zillion miles away.

D.C. 03-23-2004 02:21 PM

I doubt anyone will protest at E3. It's a trade show and only media and companies are allowed to enter. I doubt anyone would want to risk never being allowed at E3 again just because of LucasArts. :) Also LucasArts booth is behind closed doors. :)

Jake 03-23-2004 02:22 PM

I'll be at E3 but I don't think I'll be protesting.

Incidentally how do people plan on getting into E3 to protest outside their booth? Not only is E3 a for-press-only event, but LucasArts hasn't even got a booth out on the main show floor. Their "booth" is always just a very decorated large meeting room in a side hallway, so from the outside there's just a door in a hallway with a little sign on the outside that says "LucasArts."

That said, I hope people somehow manage to pull this off though, as it would be a pretty brilliant infiltration of E3 and would surely get some press attention, E3 being a press event and all that.

:shifty: thanks serialfreak for beating me to it

Moron Lite 03-23-2004 02:26 PM

I'm attempting to get in as media, but doubt that'll happen. Adeventure Gamers staff qualify, though, right? Maybe I should try to be a contributor....

D.C. 03-23-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
:shifty: thanks serialfreak for beating me to it

No problem. :)

Moron Lite: You don't want to give Adventure Gamers a bad name though. People should probably just ignore the LucasArts booth full stop. :)

WontonGoodsoup 03-23-2004 02:29 PM

wonton thinks....'what would sam and max do?'

D.C. 03-23-2004 02:32 PM

You'd get arrested if you mauled the LucasArts booth people. :)

guybrush_guy 03-23-2004 02:56 PM

i woukd buy a press pass and then when i'm in the LA room ask what why they cancled sam and max, put them on the spot

WontonGoodsoup 03-23-2004 03:00 PM

It's not possible to just 'buy' a press pass, is it?

D.C. 03-23-2004 03:01 PM

I think you've got to prove that you're a member of the press. :)

Moron Lite 03-23-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialFreak
Moron Lite: You don't want to give LucasArts a bad name though. People should probably just ignore the LucasArts booth full stop. :)

Oh I'm not trying to get in to protest. :) Who knows, I may actually be at E3 working for LucasArts, if all goes as planned.

Don't worry, I'll get the blueprints so we can conduct a raid on the offices....

D.C. 03-23-2004 03:09 PM

I was suppose to say you don't want to give Adventure Gamers a bad name. :)

guybrush_guy 03-23-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WontonGoodsoup
It's not possible to just 'buy' a press pass, is it?

i think so, you can buy the equivlent to a press pass,

D.C. 03-23-2004 03:21 PM

If that's the case then why isn't the E3 floor swamped with video game fans who aren't press. :)

VoodooFX 03-23-2004 03:30 PM

Too bad that picketline protest never happend, i think that would have been first time in gaming history people actually protested outside a building, because some game got canceled.

guybrush_guy 03-23-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialFreak
If that's the case then why isn't the E3 floor swamped with video game fans who aren't press. :)

ok point taken

D.C. 03-23-2004 03:33 PM

It probably would have looked stupid. :)

eriq 03-23-2004 04:22 PM

I got a media pass. I'm GOING THIS YEAR! WOOO!

Anyone want to hook up and roam the floor with me?

guybrush_guy 03-23-2004 04:26 PM

i've already set a goal to go next year, i'm most likey going to be going by myself which sux (damn cheep ass friends who are'nt into gaming as mutch as i am) i live in maryland so i'm pritty far away. i'm more concerd about getting there and hotel feas.

all together it's going to cost a hefty 1.5 grand or more.

500 for the pass.
700 for the plain tickets
300 for the 3 day hotel stay
500 for bale money when i personlay go down to LA building to kick there ass's
and then there's food and other small stuff

WHY is everything so expensive