Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   whos going to E3? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2601-whos-going-e3.html)

Moron Lite 03-23-2004 04:27 PM

How'd you manage that, eriq? There's no chance me and another SFer could hitch a ride on your eligibility, is there? :)

VoodooFX 03-23-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialFreak
It probably would have looked stupid. :)

If this was reply to my post, then... it doesn't matter how it would have looked like, it would still be something that has never been done before. :D

eriq 03-23-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moron Lite
How'd you manage that, eriq? There's no chance me and another SFer could hitch a ride on your eligibility, is there? :)

I'm going with XY magazine. I went three years ago as press to E3 and I just had to send them a business card and proof of publication. My old boss sent it all in for me. I've always been in the masthead of each magazine even though I'm only helping with web stuff but whatever works! I'm going!

You know, you CAN purchase tickets at E3 if you're not press. I'm absolutely positive. I remember people buying general floor passes.

And I'm flying to LA. If you'd like to hang out there, I'm game.

guybrush_guy 03-23-2004 05:22 PM

what kind of proof is need'd to get a pass?

HieroHero 03-23-2004 07:04 PM

i was just thinking there'd be a lot of press type people who are pissed off about the sam & max 2 cancellation.. hopefully they atleast voice their disappointment.. some people who are going said they were gonna dress up as sam & max..now that would be funny!!! man havent we got more gaming industry people around here???

eriq 03-23-2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
what kind of proof is need'd to get a pass?

If you're industry, you can present:
resale tax certificate, company credit card, insurance card, business ads with business cards, business license, commercial lease, paycheck stub, and W-2 forms.

For media, you need to include one copy of the publication and/or a related industry article, business cards, masthead, etc.

You can probably find all the media information on the E3 site. I got this from my booklet.

guybrush_guy 03-23-2004 11:13 PM

i dont think i would be willing to forge anything becuase if i got cought i'd probibly get thrown out or ever worse thrown in jail for false represenation. that would'nt be good, but i dout it would ever get that drastic

Swordmaster 03-24-2004 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq
I'm going with XY magazine.

XY, as in, XY-the-beautiful-boy-magazine? :9~

eriq 03-24-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordmaster
XY, as in, XY-the-beautiful-boy-magazine? :9~

yup. ;)

WontonGoodsoup 03-24-2004 09:39 AM

If there's not going to be the protest, anyone who goes should still make and wear the shirts that says "max lives"

Swordmaster 03-24-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq
yup. ;)

Oooh, I envy you. :D We don't even have that magazine in Finland, but I got a few copies from New York and Amsterdam.

eriq 03-24-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordmaster
Oooh, I envy you. :D We don't even have that magazine in Finland, but I got a few copies from New York and Amsterdam.

give me your address and I'll add you to the mailing list.

D.C. 03-24-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WontonGoodsoup
If there's not going to be the protest, anyone who goes should still make and wear the shirts that says "max lives"

Or like someone else said, bring it up in an interview. :)

WontonGoodsoup 03-24-2004 03:14 PM

"Excuse me sirs. WHY THE HECK DID YOU CANCEL SAM AND MAX 2...MORONS!!!! I HAVE HALF A MIND TO BITE OFF ALL YOUR HEADS AND SPIT IT DOWN YOUR NECKS!!!!!!"

-excerpt from the interview of the sam and max fan to the LEC reps. :P