You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #61
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
When I played season one, I was very impressed by the graphics. The animations in particular, as we were far from spoiled with good animation in adventure games at the time and Telltales characters really came alive.

I predict that I won't be as impressed with season three (graphically) even though it will have great improvements. This is because I'm now used to playing Telltale games, so while I think it's looking good it's much more difficult for them to blow me away. (I'll of course be very happy if I'm proved wrong.) Luckily, blowing me away, isn't a requirement for enjoyment.
You weren't blown away by ToMI?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #62
Game Creator Hobbyist

I think it looks good, but I'm not sure I'd say I'm blown away by the graphics, no. (I need a better graphics card to play it on the highest settings, though. My GeForce 7 isn't up to the task.)
Old 01-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #63

Please don't improve the graphics to a high point of detail! I like to play adventure games on an oldish laptop and if the graphics are too demanding I just can't play them at all.

The graphics are great as is, and the animations are excellent. Seriously! The best thing in my opinion about the Sam and Max games are the humour and the sound. I love the music so much in the Sam and Max games. It really gets me into the mood to enjoy the jokes.

Please don't "improve" the graphics to the point where I can't play them anymore!

Haters will hate.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #64
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugignadl View Post
Haters will hate.
If they did improve the graphics, would you not become the hater that hates?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #65

I'm afraid you can't get around hardware improvements. It's called progress. I know it's a pain, and it even made me switch from pc gaming to console gaming back in 2001.

To be honest, I'm not seeing the graphic quality in either ToMI or S&M I see in other and even older games, but I think it's more a question of artistical design than hardware and 3D engines. Much to do with the cartoonish style of the series, of course; you can't have realistic characters in comedy games - kinda ruins the mood.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
If they did improve the graphics, would you not become the hater that hates?
No. Just because I don't want them to do it, doesn't mean I will begin to dislike the series. I can't play a lot of recent (non PS3) games, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. Conversely, if a developer chose to allow people with older hardware to play their game, then I would not necessarily enjoy it.

If Telltale increase the hardware requirements to a point where I can't play their games any longer, then I will continue to tell people that they make great games. I will continue to hold a high opinion of their work. I just won't be able to enjoy it personally. (Unless they release them on PS3.)
Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 AM   #67

You'll still be able to enjoy them a few years hence, when you can no longer get around buying a new system. That's how I got to enjoy Assassin's Creed last year.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 01-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #68
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugignadl View Post
No. Just because I don't want them to do it, doesn't mean I will begin to dislike the series. I can't play a lot of recent (non PS3) games, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. Conversely, if a developer chose to allow people with older hardware to play their game, then I would not necessarily enjoy it.

If Telltale increase the hardware requirements to a point where I can't play their games any longer, then I will continue to tell people that they make great games. I will continue to hold a high opinion of their work. I just won't be able to enjoy it personally. (Unless they release them on PS3.)
Well if thats the case, then why say Haters will hate? No one is hating the visuals. We are only analyzing them to the point that it can portray the style better if the graphics were improved.

@Little Writer: Assassins Creed 1 & 2's stories and direction in general surpass everything on so many levels. Such a spectacular adventure it was. More so on the second game. Which had some inspiration from the adventure/puzzle game "Evidence", with the subliminal and experimental visual puzzles.

Last edited by kadji-kun; 01-18-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #69
fov
Rattenmonster

Let's stay on topic (Sam & Max) rather than getting bogged down in semantics...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #70
Banned User

So, where do you think the third Season will go? We already took the series to time and space. Now where can we go?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #71
Psychonaut

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/09/sa...outed-by-oflc/

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #72
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

I've only played season one so far. I really love these games. They give me something to do at work if I feel like staying later.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #73
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Episode 1: The Penal Zone
*snicker*
Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #74
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Good ole Aussie government... *shakes her head*
Old 02-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #75

What did they do this time? Did I miss something???
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #76

Australia's OLFC is notorious for revealing games or specific details that haven't even been announced yet through their classification site. I'm looking forward to this new season, especially after that awesome Twilight Zone-like narration on the teaser site.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
I hate Telltale. So much. I wish they would go away and leave these great titles alone
I agree. Sam and Max was so unbelievably bad that I won't touch anything they've made with a 10 foot pole. but of course because they are using old titles with pretty graphics, the magazines cover it! Ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 AM   #78

For me, that's a exelent notice! =D
Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
I agree. Sam and Max was so unbelievably bad that I won't touch anything they've made with a 10 foot pole. but of course because they are using old titles with pretty graphics, the magazines cover it! Ridiculous.
Maybe the magazines cover the games because people actually like them.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #80
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.