Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Favorite adventure game of 2009? (was "Curse of the Ancient Temple Just Released!") (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/25907-favorite-adventure-game-2009-curse-ancient-temple-just-released.html)

Mikekelly 12-02-2009 12:26 AM

Favorite adventure game of 2009? (was "Curse of the Ancient Temple Just Released!")

Curse of the Ancient Temple Just Released! Its my favorite adventure game released this year!

So - Lets have an adventure game of the year for 2009!

The highest rated game I've seen for this year is......

Broken Sword - Director's Cut.

As I've said, My personal favorite is.....Curse of the Ancient Temple !!!

Best Graphics - The Scorpio Mystery.

If a Best Adventure Game of the Year award is handed out - what game should win it?

:)

Mikekelly 12-03-2009 11:07 AM

FYI - "The Experiment" was the adventure game of the year - 2008 for many major websites.

Mainly due to its innovative game play mechanics.

:D

J.H 12-03-2009 11:37 AM

Best Graphics for me would have to be the Whispered World

gray pierce 12-03-2009 12:56 PM

Eh let me think for one second...oh I know : SECRET FILES 2 !
My second choice would be Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

Of course that's all just personal taste

Ariel Type 12-04-2009 01:24 AM

Isn't it a bit early? The 3rd Dark Fall is just on its way, and Whispered World and Book of Unwritten Tales might finally get released this year. Maybe even Culpa Innata will appear out of nowhere, who knows..
But up to this date - Runaway 3, hands down.

Sughly 12-04-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Type (Post 531177)
But up to this date - Runaway 3, hands down.

Yeah Runaway 3 does look pretty sexy. Though, the Daedalic games in question look (in screenshots at least), that little bit sexier in my opinion. What can I say, 2D pre-rendered backgrounds look amazing.

Fien 12-04-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikekelly (Post 530940)
Curse of the Ancient Temple Just Released! Its my favorite adventure game released this year!

Isn't that one of the many CASUAL HYBRIDS that are flooding the adventure scene? :r Greeks bearing gifts and all that. Please tell me I'm wrong and you're not "nominating" a casual hogs nothingie for best adventure game!

PS: Don't I sound just like one of those Myst-haters! :)

Little Writer 12-04-2009 03:07 AM

I really have no idea which new adventure games came out this year. I'd have to go with ToMI because that's the only one I played/am playing.

Fien 12-04-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Writer (Post 531191)
I really have no idea which new adventure games came out this year. I'd have to go with ToMI because that's the only one I played/am playing.

Ceville - ToMI - Memento Mori - Mata Hari - Art of Murder 2 - Casebook Episodes 2 and 3 - Still Life 2 - Secret Files 2 - The Path - Return to Mysterious Island 2 - Machinarium - and others.

joxer 12-04-2009 03:29 AM

- and Runaway 3 and others ;)

Anyway, I have a difficult time to say which one I've enjoyed more. Can we have the best three or four adventures of the year? That should solve the problem and I'd easily name 'em. ;)

dekaneas297 12-04-2009 03:39 AM

Definitely Machinarium :)

Sughly 12-04-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekaneas297 (Post 531196)
Definitely Machinarium :)

Looking at the suggested titles above, I'd have to definately agree.

Fien 12-04-2009 04:49 AM

Of the six I've played my vote goes to Machinarium as well, although I enjoyed some of the others very much.

J.H 12-04-2009 05:15 AM

Machinarium is great but it's so damn hard lol.

Intense Degree 12-04-2009 07:16 AM

Of the ones I've played (depressingly few!) it would have to be Secret Files 2.

Mikekelly 12-04-2009 07:33 AM

"Curse of the Ancient Temple" is a DS port of the PC adventure game "The Scorpio Mystery" and has some DS changes. It is not just find an item game. It has puzzles, characters and story too.

However, Thersia: Dear Emily - I'm playing this for the second time and it actually maybe better.

Secret Files 2 would be my choice for PC adventure game of the year hands down.

:D

Roper Klacks 12-04-2009 08:56 AM

For me is easily Machinarium.

The remake of Monkey Island was also great, but that doesn't really count. I'm still waiting for the english releases of The Whispered World and The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Biggest disapointment was Still Life 2.

3rdFloor 12-04-2009 10:27 AM

My personal Game of the Year 2009 is Tales of Monkey Island, if only because, alongside the Special Edition, it achieved something many of us thought impossible: resurrecting one of the genre's most beloved series.

Of course, I realize the last chapter isn't out yet, but I'm pretty confident my choice will remain the same, regardless of how good or bad the series end.

valypan 12-05-2009 08:02 AM

Hmm difficult one! I personally do not think this year was full of great games (I think 2010 will be better!), but if I had to choose a favorite it would have to be: Sherlock Holmes vs Jack The Ripper, followed by Secret Files 2.

I am sure this will all change very soon as Dark Fall 3 is about to drop :P

gray pierce 12-05-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valypan (Post 531413)
Hmm difficult one! I personally do not think this year was full of great games (I think 2010 will be better!), but if I had to choose a favorite it would have to be: Sherlock Holmes vs Jack The Ripper, followed by Secret Files 2.

I am sure this will all change very soon as Dark Fall 3 is about to drop :P

Same with me but the other way around. SF 2 first SH vs Jack the Ripper second choice

Oh crud ! I allready posted that above, ignore this post