You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Chronicles of Mystery - The Tree of Life is out ! [not yet it seems]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 03:49 AM   #1

Default Chronicles of Mystery - The Tree of Life is out ! [not yet it seems]

For those who don't know yet : CoM : The Tree of Life is out ! City Interactive has registered it under its new releases and no longer under its upcoming sequence.

For as far as I know it's not available yet. But I'm sure it soon will be. I'm quite thrilled. I liked the first game and this one looks even better !

Now comes the wait for Art of Murder 3
Old 12-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
Banned User

Default gray pierce can you give me a link please ?

Where it says the game is out already ?

I checked amazon.com ebgames.com and some uk sites .
In the us sites it says release date 8 of december !
In the uk sites it says : out of stock .

The only place i see say : Available now is in the official site of the game in City Interactive website : http://www.city-interactive.com/inde...gamepage&m=434

See in the line say Release date .

But its strange cuz why they changed the status of it as : Available now ? If in any sites its out of stock or december 8 release date ?

Anyway can you please give me a link where you said you saw that the game is out ?

Anyway the game isnt out yet . I was sure its out too i saw it under : Available now too few days ago . But thats a mistake by city interactive .

Another week left for the game i cant wait
Old 12-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

It's has been in stores for a month already. I mean, here where I live. So I guess in some places it is out and in others not.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
Banned User

Default Ascovel where are you from ?

Can you also give a link for a site of online store in your area where the game is in stock ?

Thank you .
Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
Banned User

Default Ascovel in poland the game is in english ?

My guess its not .
So we will have to wait for the english release date i hope it will be 8 of december 2009 and not 15 of january 2010 .
Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #6

In Canada, my pre-order status currently displays December 11 as the release date. That's from InteractCD. Also, the new Art of Murder apparently slipped to January 2010.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
Banned User

Default Is there any site to buy and download polish games ?

Like gamersgate.com but in poland language .

Thanks .
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #8

Sorry for my earlier post

I really thought CoM was out. Anyways December 11 is not to far away so I guess I wasn't wrong entirely.

But why in the name of everything that makes sense do they have to release Art of murder 3 AFTER christmas ! I mean that was top of my christmas list

Have these guys never heard of marketing tricks ?

When it's finally released it better be good !

Anyways, ones again, sorry
Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #9

Don't worry gray pierce. These releases are sometimes confusing since they're not synchronized across all territories. Also, that December 11 target is only an estimated date I got from InteractCD. And seeing how the game already got pushed back a few times already (for North America at least), it could end up being wrong.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
Don't worry gray pierce. These releases are sometimes confusing since they're not synchronized across all territories. Also, that December 11 target is only an estimated date I got from InteractCD. And seeing how the game already got pushed back a few times already (for North America at least), it could end up being wrong.
I'm pretty cool with December 11 since that's not to far away. I just really, really, really, really, really, really hope they'll still release AoM 3 before christmas for previously mentioned reasons. But that's not to likely to happen.

Still, why ?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #11

My pre-order status now displays December 18 for The Tree of Life. One more delay and the game is sure to miss Christmas.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #12

Get ready for January 2010
Old 12-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #13

Oh no crud ! Not that one as well !

This is gonna be a very crappy christmas when it comes to gaming !

Well, at least I still got Dreamfall, and I can always replay Syberia and Still Life

Merry christmas Vic McPherson, Kate Walker and April Ryan !

Not you City Interactive
Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #14

Although this is one of the awaited new titles on my list, it's probably the last one. But I still hope it will be released this month, as all the new games I'm eagerly expecting are allready pushed to 2010, so this will probably be the last new adventure for me this year. Time to replaying, I'm guess.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #15

I was going to buy this game, but i played Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual and it was dissapointing.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 AM   #16

I don't get it. If the game is not out yet, why do they stubbornly advertise it as " Available Now" on the City Interactive website??

http://www.city-interactive.com/inde...gamepage&m=375

I may be naïve, but for me "available now" means, well... let me think here, hmmm... how can I put this... that it's available now?
Honestly, how many hidden meanings does City Interactive believe "available now" holds?
If I were them, I'd wait for the game to be physically present in at least one (1) shop and as digital distribution on at least one (1) website before advertising it as "available now"!!
And this comes from someone who has loved their previous games! I can only imagine how those who already had some doubts would react to this poor marketing strategy!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #17

As I wrote in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
City Interactive's marketing department is either non-existent or staffed with non-professionals.
Happy 2010 City Interactive
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
I don't get it. If the game is not out yet, why do they stubbornly advertise it as " Available Now" on the City Interactive website??

http://www.city-interactive.com/inde...gamepage&m=375

I may be naïve, but for me "available now" means, well... let me think here, hmmm... how can I put this... that it's available now?
Honestly, how many hidden meanings does City Interactive believe "available now" holds?
If I were them, I'd wait for the game to be physically present in at least one (1) shop and as digital distribution on at least one (1) website before advertising it as "available now"!!
And this comes from someone who has loved their previous games! I can only imagine how those who already had some doubts would react to this poor marketing strategy!
I think they have a "wishful thinking" strategy at city interactive
Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #19

Ascovel previously reported that the game had been out in Poland for some time now. Perhaps that explains why City's website says "Available Now". I don't know.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #20
Banned User

Default Chronicles of mystery tree of life polish version is in english:

The game Cgronicles of mystery the tree of life the polish version have english voice ! I just found it out yesterday .

The text ( subtitles ) is in polish language but the voices are in english .
So i just ordered the game since its in English .

here is a video of the gameplay of the polish version show the english voices :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7UxiWsFoK0

Enjoy .