You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Lousy marketing or postponement?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #1

Default Lousy marketing or postponement?

Are there any recent news about the release date of City Interactive's two forthcoming games? I can't imagine that they are going to be released simultaneously in November. They are both third-person, 2.5D, point-and-click and investigative type. Who can afford to buy two games which are almost the same?

If the simultaneous release scenario still holds, City Interactive's marketing department is either non-existent or staffed with non-professionals.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #2

without doing the research myself, i'd like to know which games you're referring to. im always in the market for new adventures.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #3

Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life
Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
LA-S-LE

They used to make 4-5 loosy shooters per year. Now it's time for adventure genre. They obviously don't know a thing about marketing.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 AM   #5

Yes I've been awaiting these (COM: Tree of Life anyhow) and according to dtp at http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=13734 it's supposed to already have been released but somehow pushed them back into the same month. Official COM website states tba.

I'd much rather get Dark Fall: Lost Souls if they are all out at the same time lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #6

I have them both on pre-order at InteractCD and they're still slated for release by either the end of the month or early December. These two games are actually the ones I'm most excited about at the moment.

Originally, I believe Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life was expected to be out in October, and Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny was to follow soon after that, probably in November. Obviously, both have been delayed somehow.