You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure URU Expansion Pack Available

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Chicken with a bite

Default URU Expansion Pack Available

From http://www.3dgamers.com/games/uru/ and http://www.gigex.com/pc/title/downlo...8&source=00001

It's 177 MB

Don't go there all at once please, as my download hasn't quite finished
Old 03-22-2004, 11:01 AM   #2
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Woohoo!

Now I need to reinstall Uru... Allthough all the new fancy clothing and gadgets seem pretty redundant now...
Old 03-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #3
merely human

Awesome, and I haven't even gotten that deep into the game (still need to finish BS3, The Watchmaker, and Indy Jones: Emperor's Tomb) .

BTW, alternate dowload mirrors.

EDIT: Here's a list of the goodies you'll find in the expansion pack:

Quote:
New Ages/Areas -

* Ae'gura
* Two Neighborhoods: Bevin and Kirel
* Great Zero

Customize Your Relto -

* Five new customizations including an imager to display your own images and a music box to play your own music files.

Expanded Features and Gameplay -

* KI - take 800x600 pictures and view them in or out of game.
* Five new puzzles that unravel another piece of the story.

More Clothing Options -

* Six new pieces of reward clothing.
* Ten new clothing items added immediately to the player's closet.

Additional Journals and Audio Experience -

* Forty-two new journals and a new voiceover by actor David Ogden Stiers.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 03-22-2004 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
merely human

Well, I finally started downloading the mutha. It'll take about 20 minutes, so I'll listen to the latest topic discussed from my favourite talk show. And then aftewards I'll get to wander around in Uru Land a bit! Cake!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
Babbling as Usual

I'm really just enjoying the chance to wander about Uru again. The "marker detection" thing is kind of hokey, but all in all I think "To D'Ni" is a worthwhile expansion. Plus, it's FREE!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
merely human

Hey Bard, what's your avatar look like? Is he bald and funny looking like mine?

( Stupid devs didn't have any facial options to me look truly Asian! What, they racist or something? I look South American or Indian - anything but Asian! Waaaaaaahh!)
Old 03-23-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
n00b on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Why, Intreped, you look like a bonefide thug, lol
Old 03-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #8
merely human

What?! I couldn't even hurt an ant!! [suddenly remember's Erkki's thread]......

It's a travesty, I tell you! I mean, I even look like a deeply tanned white guy. There's nothing wrong with that, I think deeply tanned white guys are hot, but.... but.... I wanna look like ME!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #9
n00b on board

Quote:
What?! I couldn't even hurt an ant!! [suddenly remember's Erkki's thread]......

It's a travesty, I tell you! I mean, I even look like a deeply tanned white guy. There's nothing wrong with that, I think deeply tanned white guys are hot, but.... but.... I wanna look like ME!
As a mattre of fact, you look like this guy Will I know who used to play in this bluegrass band, was pertty good with the theremin, kill me if I know what the f**k a theremin was doing in a bluegrass band, it sure was a weird sound, but the guy's name was WIlliam RObret and he never liked it when we called him BIlly BOb, thought it was not aproppriate for a futur star of his calliber I haven't heard form the honkey in a while, I think he is fixing to go down to Houston and try his luck in a ska band ort sometheng. Funny storru in all
Old 03-23-2004, 08:49 PM   #10
merely human

Old 03-23-2004, 08:57 PM   #11
n00b on board

Quote:
I take it you don't think so hokay, nevermind.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #12
merely human

Well, we can at least ascertain that Mr. WIlliam RObret does not look like me, but does look like my avatar.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #13
n00b on board

Quote:
Well, we can at least ascertain that Mr. WIlliam RObret does not look like me, but does look like my avatar.
Will, yeah, avatar, cmon, don't be picky.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #14
merely human

Well, I do get to be picky! I mean, for cripe's sakes, the Land's End online virtual model system can let me customize so that it looks more like me:

....Uru can't even do that? Pffft. (BTW, Uru has cooler clothes, tho. 8-) )
Old 03-24-2004, 12:04 AM   #15
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Hey Bard, what's your avatar look like? Is he bald and funny looking like mine?
I ditched my purple Cosmic Osmo t-shirt when I found this sucker. You know... the Indiana Jones/couch potato look.

Just finished the expansion tonight. It's good enough for being free. I'm impressed with the scope of the once-multiplayer world. You can really tell that the whole thing was designed for many people. It's also hard to see some of the things visibly "destroyed" that were once active in the Prologue (the Heek table, for example).

But still.... (((Myst)))
Old 03-24-2004, 02:19 PM   #16

I saw Uru on sale in a very big store today. Its price: 57€. Now is it me, or is that incredibly, stupidly and annoyingly expensive? :eek:
Oh well, it was a gift anyway... and I'm still looking forward to playing the expansion pack.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #17
Iconoclast

Quote:
Well, I do get to be picky! I mean, for cripe's sakes, the Land's End online virtual model system can let me customize so that it looks more like me:
Oh man! That is some funny stuff! I'm a bit more muscular in the chest, shoulders, and traps, but it isn't actually all that far off.

Bastich, in his undies:
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2004, 06:03 PM   #18
n00b on board

don't really look like me, but whatever.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2004, 07:51 PM   #19
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich
Oh man! That is some funny stuff! I'm a bit more muscular in the chest, shoulders, and traps, but it isn't actually all that far off.

Bastich, in his undies:
Your feet. So tiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard09
I ditched my purple Cosmic Osmo t-shirt when I found this sucker. You know... the Indiana Jones/couch potato look.
You look like a LOT of fun there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger rex
don't really look like me, but whatever.
That red jacket is NOT you at all. Then again, it doesn't look it's anyone at all.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:35 PM   #20
Chicken with a bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
I saw Uru on sale in a very big store today. Its price: 57€. Now is it me, or is that incredibly, stupidly and annoyingly expensive? :eek:
Oh well, it was a gift anyway... and I'm still looking forward to playing the expansion pack.
Here in the Netherlands the normal (not "on sale") price for the game is 50 €...