Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   the best graphics modern adventure game? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/25819-best-graphics-modern-adventure-game.html)

Big Al 11-15-2009 03:20 AM

the best graphics modern adventure game?

My friends wants to know which adventure game, whihc is kinad new has the best graphics? except maybe black mirror2

:crazy:

Mohlin 11-15-2009 03:53 AM

Not exacly new, but the Myst series are pure artwork if you ask me. A lot of people would name Riven as the winner.

I don't know if that is what you are after, "best graphic" can mean more than that.

AndreaDraco83 11-15-2009 10:04 AM

Dreamfall

Karmillo 11-15-2009 10:11 AM

When Heavy Rain comes out most likely that.

Sughly 11-15-2009 03:38 PM

Yeah probably Dreamfall for 3D, or MI3 for 2D greatness :)

Karmillo 11-15-2009 04:34 PM

There has been allot more impressive looking 2D adventure games since CMI hasn't there?

Sughly 11-15-2009 05:38 PM

Yeah possibly, but it's so good! I would just say that if someone was interested in any adventure game (assuming they have played none) and would wish to be pointed towards a game with good graphics, and would consider well done 2D animation to fall in this catagory then for what the game is worth, art direction/character/story/dialogue, then that's what I'd recommend :)

mylesb 11-16-2009 01:27 AM

Runaway 1 and 2.

Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.

Little Writer 11-16-2009 02:46 AM

Logic would have it that the most recent games (any genre) also have the best graphics. While that's usually the case, there are exceptions (looking at you, "Staff of Kings"!) When it comes to adventure games, I think you can pretty much follow that theory. Of course there's also the question of whether you're looking for a photorealistic design, or if you consider a cartoonish style to be "less" in the graphics department.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-16-2009 02:48 AM

;) I'll wait until Heavy Rain comes out to answer the question.

Christian IV 11-17-2009 09:26 AM

Artistic Style for Adventure Games varies but there are some wonderful ones:

Photorealistic or Full Realism
Myst Series
Riven
Myst III Exile
Myst IV Revelations
Myst V
URU: The Complete Chronicles
MOUL: Myst Online URU Live when it returns probably early next year
Heavy Rain (when it comes out)
Mysterious Island I and II
Culpa Innata
Utopia City

Somewhat Stylized but VERY Beautiful
The Longest Journey
The Longest Journey II Dreamfall
Syberia I and II
Nihuru
Mozart The Last Secret (in french)
Beyond Atlantis II
Atlantis Evolution
Still Life
80 Days

Animated (Cartoon style but beautiful)
The Broken Sword I and II
Runaway I and II (III on the way)
So Blonde
The Last Express
Day of the Tentacle (quite stylized but fun)
Old Style (earlier in style but Very Beautiful)
Kyrandia I and II
Moneky Island II
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
The Dig

Unique Style but also Beautiful
Grim Fandango
Ripley Believe it or Not: The Emporers Tomb

Sughly 11-17-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian IV (Post 529448)

Myst Series
Riven
Myst III Exile
Myst IV Revelations
Myst V
Culpa Innata
Utopia City

Seems to be a slight favouritism to Myst series...? :) I would say the game is not really most people's cup of tea, particularly those I would guess that are interested in starting on the genre.

Quote:

Unique Style but also Beautiful
Grim Fandango
Ripley Believe it or Not: The Emporers Tomb
Sam and Max new series

I myself wouldn't use the word 'beautiful' to describe new Sam & Max... more like, "butt-ugly".

Christian IV 11-17-2009 08:06 PM

I think millions might disagree re the Myst series, and the new Sam and Max series is, i agree, probably not the quality of beautiful but it is fun. I will remove that.

Sughly 11-17-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian IV (Post 529493)
I think millions might disagree re the Myst series, and the new Sam and Max series is, i agree, probably not the quality of beautiful but it is fun. I will remove that.

No need to remove it, only an opinion. And I agree Myst is great, but as before, not everyones cup of tea. I think new comers to the genre may be put off by it's difficulty and open end...ness.

Ariel Type 11-18-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Mozart The Last Secret (in french)

Um, did you play it? It is goddamn ugly.

AprilLives 11-18-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Myst Series
Riven
Myst III Exile
Myst IV Revelations
Myst V
Culpa Innata
Utopia City)

I agree with you completely about the Myst series, especially Riven!

colpet 11-18-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

I would say the game is not really most people's cup of tea, particularly those I would guess that are interested in starting on the genre.
I know a lot of people who's first introduction to adventures was the Myst series. I'm one of them. I took me a few years to even consider that 3rd person games were adventures, and to this day I prefer Myst like games. I guess it just depends what you like and what games you started with.

kadji-kun 11-18-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sughly (Post 529487)
Seems to be a slight favouritism to Myst series...? :) I would say the game is not really most people's cup of tea, particularly those I would guess that are interested in starting on the genre.

But that isn't the point. The category is realistic beauty, and the Myst series demonstrates just that, even if it might be too hard for people. This thread isn't about gameplay. I don't see how it is favoritism.

Erwin_Br 11-18-2009 04:01 PM

I've always been in love with Bill Tiller's artwork, and still am, so I say AVS and more recently, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island.

Sughly 11-18-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadji-kun (Post 529563)
But that isn't the point. The category is realistic beauty, and the Myst series demonstrates just that, even if it might be too hard for people. This thread isn't about gameplay. I don't see how it is favoritism.

Yeah I can see your points now, I'm only saying that Myst isn't the best introductory adventure game by my own experience (meaning friends I've passed it onto didn't really buy into it like they have with other adventure games). But yeah, that being said I suppose I can understand other people gravitating towards it. To each his own I suppose...