You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Heavy Rain trailer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #1

Default New Heavy Rain trailer!

Hey everyone, long time no post

Saw this on Digg and I thought I'd post it, since all I've been doing is occasionally combing the boards every now and then... *goes back to lurking*

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5746

Too bad about the BG noise and all that, but it shows off some really cool gameplay footage. Oh, and is Reza like a pretty common name on the other side of the pond? The first time I heard the name was Dreamfall, and now it's popping up everywhere...
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Roman5

I'm amazed noone has replied to this. Thanks for the link, looks absolutely amazing, so realistic!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #3

Here's a better version: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/co...avy-rain/56911. It didn't even cross my mind that people around here haven't seen it yet. This is probably my most anticipated game next year.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
merely human

I'm not watching it. I've seen way too many trailers and clips for this game and since it's very, VERY heavily story based I can't handle any more spoilers, minor or not.

Besides, I'm currently playing Dragon Age. If there is any RPG maker that makes this genre LOOK AND FEEL like a true adventure game, it's Bioware.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

This is not a new video and I think someone did post it here. Compared to other videos this one introduces us to the 4th character of the game and shows how the characters have different choices and options for actions. Characters action will not only effect the outcome of the whole game but also the next scene.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Rain

Says this:
Heavy Rain is an upcoming PlayStation 3 video game being developed by French studio, Quantic Dream.

What does that mean? That means I won't play it even if my life depended on it.
I don't want to buy a console I won't buy a console and so console exclusives will never get my attention.
An example of a game I will play is Intrepid's one - in his post he mentioned Dragon Age - that game was made for few different platforms and not just playstation.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

What the hell is it with the PC getting shafted recently? This on top of the whole debacle about the the FPS, Modern Warfare 2 is really disgusting.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #8

I believe that they're doing it on the PS3 so they can get the graphics and performance they want without having to worry about individual user's computer specifications. However, that's just my opinion.

There's no doubt that it's disappointing that it's not appearing on PC, but I believe that it will be spectacular nonetheless. I think it may garner the genre additional players, which is always a good think for adventure games. Can you imagine how great this game will look on an HD TV with the blu-ray Playstation 3? It will be a truly cinematic experience.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #9

I think this game is finally going to make me buy a console. PS3 sales going to get a boost from this game.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #10

Aw shucks... I was very excited about this game until I realized they don't plan releasing the PC version. Despite the fact that I thourougly enjoyed playing Fahrenheit, this title alone is not enough to make me buy a console. I've always been a PC gamer, and it's going to stay that way.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #11

You people need to buy a PS3 already!

I use my PS3 for current games maybe 40% of the time. The rest of the time I'm throwing a movie or show onto my flash drive and watching it with the woman on a lazy day, or ordering from PSN. Or playing an old game or something cool from PSN. Or backing up my music collection, or using the controllers with a PC game... the list goes on....

As for the trailer, I purposefully kept myself away from the media around the game to be surprised when the game comes. I slipped up this time
Old 11-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen737 View Post
You people need to buy a PS3 already!
Yes you do !!! I already got myself a PS3 (Slim). I also got an Xbox360 for myself couple of weeks later so I can also play Alan Wake. & yes I am crazy enough to do so, especially when my job doesn't pay much :p

Quote:
As for the trailer, I purposefully kept myself away from the media around the game to be surprised when the game comes. I slipped up this time
I am going through all the media out there so I maintain the required impression of the game and it does not break out of the hypo-meter. Last thing you want is a broken heart from a game not meeting your expectations.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #13

Looks great, i cant wait!
I found a HD version of the vid if anyone is interested:

http://www.gametrailers.com/download...t_gp_gt_hd.wmv