You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Blackwell Bundle released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 AM   #21
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
Hej Jelena!

Tack så mycket! :-)

Glad you like the music in Unbound!

Thomas Regin
Hej Thomas!
Vad roligt att du tittar in och svarar.

Is the music available somewhere? I'd love to be able to listen to it, especially that last song, while relaxing at home after a busy day at work.

EDIT: OK, I found it available at Wadjet Eye Games.

Last edited by Jelena; 10-25-2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: added content
Old 10-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #22

Thanks Dave, I'll just download them then.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
Vad roligt att du tittar in och svarar.
Jeg er dansk, så du må undskylde mit dårlige svenska!

Dave sagde, at jeg skulle gå in hit og titta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
I'd love to be able to listen to it, especially that last song, while relaxing at home after a busy day at work.
EDIT: OK, I found it available at Wadjet Eye Games.
Glad you found it!

I hope you'll like the music in Convergence too!

Thomas.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #24
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
Jeg er dansk, så du må undskylde mit dårlige svenska!
Din svenska är förmodligen mycket bättre än min danska.

Quote:
Dave sagde, at jeg skulle gå in hit og titta!
I figured as much.

Quote:
Glad you found it!

I hope you'll like the music in Convergence too!

Thomas.
Now I've got the music from both Unbound and Convergence on my computer and I've been listening to the Unbound music all evening. Solitude begins makes me want to dance with my hubby.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

They're talking in code! (or maybe swedish)

Happy you like the music, Jelena. I'm a bit biased but I love Thomas's work too.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #26

Bent off to the wrong topic, eh?

I'm already a happy owner of all three games. I also loved the second one the most. The ending was very touching, and Lauren is a great character, believable, full of strength, yet, without hope, doomed to free ghosts for the rest of her life. Tragic, yet not overly dramatic in a forced way.
I like the retro style of the graphics. Most of them were adequate, but some backgrounds looked sparse, unfinished or just not well done. The game felt also a bit constricted, like when the Countess chases you back to the apartment, again and...again. And a bar keeper in the piano bar wouldn't have hurt.
Blackwell Convergence was much more pleasant to look at, and it's cool that the story of the previous games came to a conclusion. While Unbound also grabbed me emotionally, Convergence just entertained me really well and didn't leave as much of a lasting impression.
And, like was mentioned in the review here on AdventureGamers, Rosa just came across as a bit shy, but her awkardness was pretty much gone. Okay, she still cracked some corny jokes, though. Maybe it made it more easy to relate to her, but I didn't remember her like this from Legacy. Maybe I should play the first part again...

Anyway, great games!

Last edited by ozzie; 10-29-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #27
Lazy Bee

I've now finished the Blackwell Convergence and I love how the three games come together in the end. Great story! Will there be more games with Rosa and Joey?
One thing though, I missed not being able to get clues from combining Rosa's notes. That was a neat way of progressing in the game.

When checking out the extra material I was thrilled to learn I can actually visit the Minetta Tavern for real. I both love it and hate it when that happens. I yet have to visit Saxton/Polperro in Cornwall after having played The Lost Crown and now I've got New York on my list of places to go. This will eventually ruin me. Dave, when I do visit N.Y you'll have to buy me a drink for doing this to me.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #28

I just finished Convergence and I'll be sinking my teeth in Unbound shortly. Thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. I should say I preferred the design and voice of Rosa in Legacy.

The only thing that upset me a bit is that Joey only cares about Rosa's fate because he's afraid he'll have to spend time hanging around in the hospital. That was OK when they had just met, but later... dunno, I guess I expected them to bond. It's a bit weird if Al doesn't care for Sam
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
The only thing that upset me a bit is that Joey only cares about Rosa's fate because he's afraid he'll have to spend time hanging around in the hospital.
Hey, you have to remember he had already hung over a hospital bed for 25 years. It's totally understandable he doesn't want to do that again.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Hey, you have to remember he had already hung over a hospital bed for 25 years. It's totally understandable he doesn't want to do that again.
Indeed, indeed. Don't get me wrong, I find Joey's personality very likeable, for a ghost. I must admit I actually chuckled when, in Legacy, he said he had no intention of spending more time trapped in a hospital, 'cos it made perfect sense to me that he wouldn't want that to happen.
I was just hoping he and Rosa might have bonded a bit more by the time Convergence came along!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #31
Stalker of Britain

I agree, Zefram. I had wanted them to bond a bit more, but it's quite understandable he didn't want to hang in a hospital again, like he said in the 1st game when she was going to tell the doctor about Joey.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #32
Lazy Bee

I like the way they're bickering. If they'd get along perfectly their interaction would be a lot less entertaining to watch.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #33

Quote:
I like the way they're bickering. If they'd get along perfectly their interaction would be a lot less entertaining to watch.
Agreed, the bickering is a great plot device, I cannot but appreciate it myself. Besides, the part that bothered me wasn't the bickering itself, but that one occasion when Joey saw Rosa in danger and was concerned to get trapped in the hospital again (I think it was at the end of Convergence).

Last edited by ZeframCochrane; 11-03-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #34
Lazy Bee

I actually removed the part where I wrote I didn't see how they'd bond anyway. I realized that might very well happen.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #35

Quote:
I actually removed the part where I wrote I didn't see how they'd bond anyway. I realized that might very well happen.
Indeed! Allow me to edit my own post accordingly.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #36
Stalker of Britain

I love the bickering, too. Since they are from different times, it's obvious they would disagree on things, and since poor Joey can't touch anything and has to follow Rosa wherever she wants to go, the bickering is understandable.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #37

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

In case anyone is interested in behind the scenes stuff, I wrote a post-mortem article about Blackwell Convergence for Gamasutra. It just went up!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur..._eyes_the_.php
Old 11-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #38
Lazy Bee

Interesting read! Thanks for posting the link.

For the fourth Blackwell game I'm pro-notebook!

Old 11-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #39

Quote:
For the fourth Blackwell game I'm pro-notebook!

Me too!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #40

Wow downloaded them from Wadjet Eye's website as a gift to my gf. She's a keen adventure gamer and said that the series was brilliant, and went on the purchase the Emerald City game saying it was one of her fave games of all time - a huge compliment. I've some catching up to do because she can complete point n clicks in a few hours whereas it takes me weeks lol.