You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Can You Name All The Sierra Adventure Games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 AM   #1

Default Can You Name All The Sierra Adventure Games?

Thought some of you might enjoy the quiz here - how many of the Sierra classics (1980-1999) can you name from memory alone?

- For all the long-running series, you must enter the subtitle, not just 'Random Quest VI' or it won't be accepted. You either write just the subtitle or the full numbered game (with roman numerals followed by a colon)
- Action and RPG titles with small adventuring elements (e.g. Betrayal At Krondor; Stay Tooned! etc are missing

http://www.sporcle.com/games/ElKabong/SierraGames
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #2

Since I don't know all the sub-titles, I only scored 16.

I did know them for PQ1, LSL2 en LSL3 but for some reason, probably misspelled or something, it didn't accept them.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 10-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Argh! Damn time! Only 41!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 10-02-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
Pixiehunter

But that did leave me all stressed out afterwards, and looking at the ones I missed was like....aaargh, I knew those

Really, how fast are we expected to type when you have to type all the subtitles. Those are long
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
Dungeon Master

35. If I'd realized earlier they also include Dynamix's and Cocktel's games, I would have got forty-ish (those tend to be quicker to type )

I am not surprised "Vohaul's Revenge" has 0% guesses, because I tried to type it like five times before giving up. There must be a glitch, because I am sure I was spelling it correctly.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
I am not surprised "Vohaul's Revenge" has 0% guesses, because I tried to type it like five times before giving up. There must be a glitch, because I am sure I was spelling it correctly.
I had the same problem. I tried with the correct title and then tried also other variants, like 'Vohaul Revenge', 'Volhaul's Revenge' and so on, but nothing.

The thing I'm most ashamed of, though, is that, in the midst of the timed galore, I forgot Romancing the Throne
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #7

I'm not even gonna post my score. Every subtitle to me unfortunately is just Rosella's something to do with peril, To Heir and something, Roger Wilco and the time something or rather, and so on and so on...

Quiz didn't like those guesses
Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
But that did leave me all stressed out afterwards, and looking at the ones I missed was like....aaargh, I knew those

Really, how fast are we expected to type when you have to type all the subtitles. Those are long
46 in only 8 minutes ?!? Quite a feat. When I saw the time limit I didn't even try.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

I'm trying to type in the King's Quest games and it's not accepting any of them?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #10

Only the subtitles, without the King's Quest plus numerals...

For example, just Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow will do...

Old 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

That's weird, since it recognized Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father but not (for example) King's Quest: Quest for the Crown.

Anyway, I got 32, with 7 or 8 others that I would have gotten but I didn't have the title exactly right.

I also tried at least one that it didn't recognize but should have - Urban Runner. I should get extra points for that!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
46 in only 8 minutes ?!? Quite a feat. When I saw the time limit I didn't even try.
When you chat a lot with your girlfriend who types really fast, you get used to quick typing yourself
And I just went through all the series one by one,which was a great help as well.

@fov: weird that it did not recognize 'King's Quest: Quest for the Crown'. I used just the subtitle, bit annoying that only the subtitle works better than the full title...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #13

My brother and I got 41. Couldn't type fast enough (LSL3 and 2 are LONG!)
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #14

30. Man, those entries needed to be PRECISE.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 10-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I also tried at least one that it didn't recognize but should have - Urban Runner. I should get extra points for that!
I tried that too, and it's really unfair that the game doesn't recognize it, since they have entered Lost in Time.

Anyway, this game made me realize which is the Sierra title I like the most... Quest for Glory: So you want to be a hero? Wonderful!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #16

Yeah, it's a bit of silly quiz. Some titles you really have to type out completely and exactly right, and then other you just have to type like "Freddy Pharkas" and the "Frontier Pharmacist" is added automatically!

There are games mentioned I didn't even know involved Sierra! Like Willy Beamish, wasn't that Dynamix? And Goblins and Lost in Time were Coktel. It's probably because of the distributor/developer difference or something.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13