Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Runaway port on the DS (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/25579-runaway-port-ds.html)

GhostPirateLechuck 09-30-2009 01:33 PM

Runaway port on the DS

I am so excited about the fact that this game is being ported on the DS. This is exactly what the industry needed. I am curious as to if this will port well though. Part of the challenge of the Runaway games is to pixel hunt and I don't see how they can omit the pixel hunts and still make the game challenging.

With that said, I am buying it without a dought. My wife only plays games on the DS and I love the fact that I can introduce my old love of adventures to her. She adored Broken Sword and even like Sherlock Holmes. Is there any other good, true to form DS adventures that she would like? Keep in mind that she hates the japanese ones.

Marduk 09-30-2009 04:32 PM

I was about to refer to the last runaway port I was excited about. But you wouldn't like it and would think that I was a bitter, unpleasant man... which I might actually be; I can't judge without bias there.

I'm still tempted to make a forum game of all the interesting "ports" of the game that people might like to see...

The Seed 10-02-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostPirateLechuck (Post 525139)
Keep in mind that she hates the japanese ones.

Which is a shame, because they're the best adventure games the DS has to offer.

GhostPirateLechuck 10-02-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed (Post 525286)
Which is a shame, because they're the best adventure games the DS has to offer.

Broken Sword was amazing on all nintendo platforms. I just order the last Runaway on DS so I guess she'll see.

Mriceguy 10-04-2009 01:18 AM

I got about halfway or so through Runaway and taking the higher road I didn't look online for hints. That pixel hunting caught me several times, so that might be the reason why I'm still stuck!

And DS games over here in New Zealand are pretty expensive. So I'd probably still recommend people got Runaway for lots cheaper on the PC. That Broken Sword DS port looked interesting but at that price, no way.

GhostPirateLechuck 10-05-2009 03:07 PM

There is so much more to the Broken Sword story on the DS. There is a dozen more scenes and hours more gameplay.

Mriceguy 10-05-2009 04:49 PM

Really? Well I better not just pass it off then! Might wait for the price to drop though, or a time when there's not so many games coming out.

VictimOfScience 10-06-2009 09:30 AM

I have both Broken Sword and Runaway for the DS. My brother got me Runaway while he was in France. :)

They both play very well and look great. I would say if you like the originals, DEFINITELY get the DS versions.