Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Favourite Cinematic Scene (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/25544-favourite-cinematic-scene.html)

carlotta von uberwald 09-23-2009 04:36 AM

Favourite Cinematic Scene

What is your favourite AG cinematic scene?

3rdFloor 09-23-2009 04:57 AM

Without a doubt, the chase scene in the original Still Life.
Spoiler:
The one that ends on the rooftops, amidst the snow falling, and involving a certain wood plank.
I watched it dozens of times. The video editing in Still Life's cinematics was amazing.

Also, I'll always have a soft spot for the intros of King's Quest VI, The Beast Within, and The Curse of Monkey Island. They all conveyed a true sense of enigma, mystery, and exciting adventure. I will never forget those.

AndreaDraco83 09-23-2009 05:02 AM

The Opera scene in The Beast Within

dekaneas297 09-23-2009 05:43 AM

The ending scene in Syberia :\

Ascovel 09-23-2009 06:12 AM

The entire Grim Fandango

Black Dahlia's late cinematic where the true villain of the game is revealed.

Neverhood's Giant Robot Bill fighting The Beast over his Teddy Bear.

Beast Within's sequence in which Gerde says "Oh I see". Gabriel's introduction to Van Glover. Also, Gabriel's long dream with King Ludwig hiding the opera fragments. Actually lots of stuff in that game.

EDIT: Oh, and definitely both the intro and outro of Riven

Fien 09-23-2009 06:13 AM

Do I really have to choose?

Entering Lilah's dream world through the black rock at the beginning of Obsidian... the breathtaking view of the busy little nanobots and then ending up in the crazy Bureau where you can walk on the walls.

The giant spider coming to life in Obsidian.

The tram rides from island to island in beautiful Riven. I loved it every time, never got tired of them.

The final scene on Amateria in Myst Exile. Wow!

The intro of Discworld Noir.

The final scene with the firebird in The Last Express.

The final scene in Memento Mori, because of the emotional impact it had on me.

PS: Yep, the opera scene in The Beast Within. And other stuff I'll remember tomorrow.

Twizman 09-23-2009 07:09 AM

Intros to Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle come to mind! :)

Tyler_Legrand 09-23-2009 07:33 AM

Grim Fandango, intro to Year 3.

Roper Klacks 09-23-2009 07:34 AM

Spoiler:
Faith's death
in Dreamfall

cwapitm 09-23-2009 08:47 AM

A couple stand out to me. One from The Longest Journey where you go outside the Border House for the first time and the camera pans up so that you can see the futuristic skyline with the flying cars zooming by. When I saw that for the first time I knew that this game was going to be special. :)

Also I love in Grim Fandango the transition from Year 1 to Year 2.

Fantasysci5 09-23-2009 10:19 AM

Hmm...this is hard to pick just one.

From "The Longest Journey"-when April first steps out into Arcadia, and the camera zooms out to show us this magical place.

Almost everything from "Dreamfall"-say what you like about the plot and lack of puzzles, no one can wrong the graphics. Especially the ending, with
Spoiler:
Faith's death
was ver emotional.

And I guess from "Riven", the underwater ride.

Jelena 09-23-2009 11:33 AM

So many great scenes has been mentioned and it's hard to pick just one.
But I remember being totally blown away by the Amateria roller coaster in Myst Exile.

inm8#2 09-23-2009 11:43 AM

GK2 - prologue, opera scene, epilogue, aw hell the whole damn game

The Last Express - ending

Broken Sword 1 - introduction

Zork Nemesis - ending where all the flashbacks come together

WRMW 09-23-2009 01:38 PM

The scene in GK3, where Gabriel has a nightmare about vampires, then gives the schattenjaeger medallion to Grace as she's sleeping.
Very suspenseful, and then intimate and tender.

Fantasysci5 09-23-2009 02:16 PM

Oh yeah, the crystal ball ride from Myst 3 was amazing!!

J.H 09-23-2009 03:32 PM

Got to be when many gets hit in the head with the champagne bottle in Grim Fandango.

Also the intro to Broken Sword 1 is very good.

gray pierce 09-23-2009 03:40 PM

The opening scene from Curse of Monkey Island, I keep laughing aloud every time I see it. Although I know exactly what's gonna happen and know every line. I just can't stop watching it. It's to brilliant

Also I very much like the intro of BS3. I keep humming the theme every time and jump up every time Vernon gets the revolver to his head. Given the fact that I've played this game about 6 times and watched the opening sequence almost twice as many that says a lot.

colpet 09-24-2009 03:40 AM

Scenes that struck me:
The intro to Syberia 1 - the automoton funerary procession
Riven - the whark coming to the glass wall; seeing the sunners on the rock
Myst Exile Amateria roller coaster
The horse ride in Beyond Atlantis
All the FMV in Gabriel Knight 2 and Zork Nemesis

DustyShinigami 09-24-2009 04:44 AM

Erm... let's see (some spoilers):

- The intro to Broken Sword 1, 2 & 3
- The end scene to Broken Sword 2 and 3
- The wacky intro to Day of the Tentacle
- The wacky intro to Sam & Max Hit the Road
- The intro to Gabriel Knight 1 - followed by the credits (love the music)
- Pretty much all the cutscenes in Gabriel Knight 2 - there are so many it's difficult to choose. I guess the stand outs for me are: the intro, Grace's wolf dream, Gabriel and Von Glower drinking wine and having a laugh, Gabriel discovering Von Zell down that pit, Gabriel explaining to Von Glower about Von Zell, Gabriel and Von Glower hunting for Von Zell at night, Gabriel's vision/dream near the end, the Opera scene and the end scene
- The intro to Gabriel Knight 3 (love the music), the scene of the vampires attacking Grace at night and the ending
- The intro to Grim Fandango, the 'Poisoning' cutscene, escaping the Edge of the World and the ending
- The intro to The Longest Journey and the Gribbler's transformation
- The intro to Dreamfall, Faith's status reports inside that abandoned factory, Faith's death and the mysterious ending
- In Still Life - the intro, Victoria chasing the killer onto the rooftops, Gus's visions, Gus having to watch Ackerman slay Ida and Victoria fighting the killer in that apartment near the end
- The intro to Discworld Noir
- The Curse of Monkey Island - the intro, Guybrush giving Elaine the cursed diamond ring, Guybrush and his crew sailing through the storm and Guybrush and Elaine getting captured on Plunder Island
- The intro to Full Throttle and the ending
- The intro to Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2
- The intro and ending to Syberia

Little Writer 09-24-2009 06:02 AM

I see many I like as well, but nobody has yet mentioned the intro of "The Dig": the discovery of the asteroid, the shuttle launch, then it almost seamlessly turns into gameplay. Many great cinematics in "The Dig", actually.