You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure & The PS3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
kiss me Lewton

Send a message via MSN to carlotta von uberwald
Default Adventure & The PS3

Why are there no traditional AG for the PS3 yet? ok there's action/adventure but why do you have to carry a gun or a sword around all the time? I want a game I can use my intellect on not Ooh look how big my gun is! lol. I was thinking of the scope for exploring the worlds rather than having 2D backgrounds being able to actually run through places like Stark and Arcadia or Ankh Morpork etc... would be amazing with the PS3 graphics capabilities. Ok rant over lmao.

The sacred lace of Hyperopia the goddess of shoes, the holy trolley of Mr. Safeway, the blessed chamber pot of the whinging martyrs of constipata. Anything could become a sacred relic if you weren't careful enough.

I never misenthropated anything!

Malaclypse is a nut!!!

Keep The Adventure Alive!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlotta von uberwald View Post
Why are there no traditional AG for the PS3 yet? ok there's action/adventure but why do you have to carry a gun or a sword around all the time? I want a game I can use my intellect on not Ooh look how big my gun is! lol. I was thinking of the scope for exploring the worlds rather than having 2D backgrounds being able to actually run through places like Stark and Arcadia or Ankh Morpork etc... would be amazing with the PS3 graphics capabilities. Ok rant over lmao.
You will have Heavy Rain next year.
Other than that, its true there is not many adventures in consoles, mainly because the adventure audience is on Pc's and dont have consoles, and adventure developers are small and its easier and cheaper to make games on PC's.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
You will have Heavy Rain next year.
Other than that, its true there is not many adventures in consoles, mainly because the adventure audience is on Pc's and dont have consoles, and adventure developers are small and its easier and cheaper to make games on PC's.

It's true. Heavy rain is about the only thing I have seen that could actually tempt me in to buying a PS3 so far. To be honest the only console adventure games I have played (Broken Sword 3 and Myst 3, both on PS2) really highlight the need for a mouse as well, so much better than a controller!

Also as most console gamers don't have any interest in adventure games I doubt there'll be many on the way. The best you'll do is casual games on the PSN!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #4

Too bad, the PS3 looks like a good platform for them too. The wii has a few so I guess that will be the console to use.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post
Too bad, the PS3 looks like a good platform for them too. The wii has a few so I guess that will be the console to use.
Thats not saying much. Any console is a good platform. I would consider the PS3 the worst of the bunch.

The reason why we don't have many adventure games for the PS3 lies in the fact that it is harder to program for and the audience is still quite small. Oh, don't forget the cost to sell on the PS3 over the PC/360/iPhone/Wii/DS.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #6

I use more brain power trying to kill people in most good action games than I do using items on things. Not that I don't enjoy doing that, I just don't see where the idea of adventure games being more intellectual.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
Chicken with a bite

Blue Toad Murder Files (or something similar) is also supposed to be adventure-ish.