You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Burned Out on Adventure Games Yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #41

It's purely a social stigma thing, I agree. The fact is I've never met a real gamer in real life that I liked, I honestly thought the people I've met that are TOO obsessed, and are complete dorks. The 2 friends I have that game are friends that I've known since I was 12 or 13, so we grew up together. We all know that when we hang out in large groups we just don't talk about gaming. There are more entertaining things to talk about when you're with a lot of buddies and/or women anyway
Old 09-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #42
Codger

I LOVE playing adventure games! Unfortunately, there aren't that many to love. Closely related related to the "best games of the last ten years" thread, the same six or seven games rise to the top of the list. And, a few of those, e.g., TLJ don't make it into my list.

So, am I burned out? Not really, but am I burned out playing inferior Adventures? Absolutely!

My solution is to play Casual Games in between the rare sightings of a worthwhile AG. There are some realy good ones out there, that blur the boundaries of what constitutes and Adventure v. a HOG.

Am waiting for the next Great Adventure to come along. SL2 wasn't it.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen737 View Post
There are more entertaining things to talk about when you're with a lot of buddies and/or women anyway
I see what you mean, but honestly, I would often prefer to talk about games than to be involved in the mindless small talks and endless gossiping that most people do when socializing in the large groups.