You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure All Wadjet Eye Games 50% off this weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert
Default All Wadjet Eye Games 50% off this weekend

Hey everyone! Dunno if you heard the news, but it's Labor Day weekend here in the U.S., and I've decided to hold our very first sale.

For this weekend only, EVERYTHING in our online store is marked down by 50%! Simply use the code "labor" when making your purchase and poof! Twice the usual awesomeness at half the price.

This offer ends on Monday, September 7th so nab your games for half price while you can! Or just buy everything twice. Either way is cool.

-Dave

edit: This offer doesn't include Emerald City Confidential, which is sold via PlayFirst and not by me.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Awesome news Dave! The Shivah... I'm coming!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #3

Thanks!

Just got Blackwell convergence...
Old 09-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Oooh! This is just what I've been waiting for! I've been eagerly wanting to play your first "Blackwell" game, since I love dark stories and ghosts, and now it may just be my price!

EDIT: And now I've bought it. I can't wait to play it, and hopefully I'll love it! Thanks for the price reduction! That was just the nudge I needed to play your game.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 09-06-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #5

Whoa. That was... unexpected. Never heard of Wadjet Eye before, finding this post a few hours before it's Monday here in Sweden, trying all the demos, and finally purchasing half your catalog. I've played some of your freeware adventures, Dave, and liked them. Nice to see you're getting an income out of it. It's cool how digital distribution allows so many more to create. And so many players to drain their bank accounts.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
scapegoat sculptor

Bought the whole Blackwell Legacy series yesterday and finished the first one so far.
(if Emerald City Confidential had been in the pot I would have bought it aswell)

I really love the style and the atmosphere of the game. Especially Joey's dry-witted 'dollface-comments' - remind me of the classic film noir era (albeit way more humorous).

Quality independent game developement like Wadjet Eye I would support any day.

all the best,

tramp
Old 09-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Welsh Dude

I love the audio commentary feature in the game. More adventure games should have this feature, it's really interesting to know what inspired the creators.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
Stalker of Britain

Wow, just finished the the 1st game, and love all of the extras. Wish you could extend the date so I could buy the other two... Please?!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

It's still on till the end of today!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Really? Then, maybe I can consider buying Downfall, but since it's not yours I don't know if I'll like it, while, on the other hand, after two Blackwell games and Emerald City Confidential, I'm positive that I really dig your writing... If someone has played Downfall... how is it written?

... Oh, and I'm so glad I bought The Shivah: pure awesomeness
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
Stalker of Britain

Oh, well I'm dumb! I was thinking it should go on through today, since today is actually Labor Day, but since it said it ended Monday. *shrug* Yay! I'll buy the next two!

And I actually reviewed "Downfall", Andrea. It was okay. There was a lot of gore, but the story was interesting.

Dave-I like the 1st game! I usually love games with ghosts, such as Jonathan's wonderful "Dark Fall" games. I really liked Joey, and the Deacon was very lovable. I'm going to go into more detail, probably later tonight, in the "Last Finished Game" thread.

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 09-07-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #12

Thanks fantasy! I can say for certain that you are the first to refer to the Deacon as lovable. :-D
Old 09-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
Stalker of Britain

I am? lol His voice was really spot on, and I felt for the poor guy! Which really shows how good of a story teller you are, when you can make players sympathize with
Spoiler:
"the bad guy"

I sent you a PM, basically just gushing fan-girlishness all over.