Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Secret Files: Puritas Cordis or Sinking Island? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/25421-secret-files-puritas-cordis-sinking-island.html)

llanita 09-03-2009 05:45 AM

Secret Files: Puritas Cordis or Sinking Island?

Any opinions?
I"m almost done with Culpa Innata (love it!) I played The Longest Journey before that (loved it too) and before that I played both Syberia games for the second time (both still top of my fave games list).

There are so many games out there, and I read reviews and opinions here in the forums and I can't decide.

I like playing long games, with amazing graphics.

AndreaDraco83 09-03-2009 06:40 AM

Sinking Island all the life long. At least it is well written ;)

Keregioz 09-03-2009 06:54 AM

Sinking Island is interesting with some nice atmosphere and decent writing (although you spent more than half the game walking :shifty:) but I honestly found myself enjoying secret files more despite some not so great writing and a couple of silly puzzles.

L-Jazz 09-03-2009 07:09 AM

Both of them are very good games in my opinion, so the question for you is not which one to play, it's in which order ;)

Jorz 09-03-2009 07:54 AM

They're both excellent, really. Secret files is a more traditional adventure, while Sinking island tries something new with its detective interface, which is really refreshing.

However, as far as traditional point and click adventures go, secret files 2 is the best to date in my opinion. It's extremely polished, the graphics are amazing for an adventure game. The plot isn't very original, but it's reasonably fast-paced, with things happening every few minutes.

Definetely play both, but if you loved Syberia I'd say play Secret files first.

llanita 09-03-2009 08:29 AM

I have been looking for Secret Files 2 to order it and all I'm getting is that it's not out yet for pc, not till next year. Is this right?

millenia 09-03-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keregioz (Post 522452)
Sinking Island is interesting with some nice atmosphere and decent writing (although you spent more than half the game walking :shifty:) but I honestly found myself enjoying secret files more despite some not so great writing and a couple of silly puzzles.

Quoted for truth. Siking Island should be the better game but somehow it just isn't. Secret Files really works incredibly well even with the clichés, some silly puzzles and the not-so-profound writing. Sinking Island was good, but not great. I loved all those games mentioned in the first post too and I consider Sinking Island to be far inferior to Syberia. But all in all, yes, play both.

gray pierce 09-03-2009 01:01 PM

I agree, play both. But if you have to choose. Choose SF2, it is indeed much better. However I would very much recomend playing SF : Tunguska first if you haven't done so yet. In my opinion Tunguska exceeds Puritas Cordis by far.

Jorz 09-04-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llanita (Post 522472)
I have been looking for Secret Files 2 to order it and all I'm getting is that it's not out yet for pc, not till next year. Is this right?

It's been available in the UK for a while, I don't know where you live but you might be able to get it from amazon.co.uk for £11.

seagul 09-04-2009 03:06 AM

Sinking Island is better regarding story and charakters.

llanita 09-04-2009 03:17 AM

Thanks Jorz, but I'm in the states. I'll just buy the first Secret Files and Sinking Island.
thanks very much everyone

Veovis 09-04-2009 02:10 PM

Am I too late? Anyway; I think Sinking Island is a much better game than SF2. Although a bit flawed and unpolished, Benoit Sokal has in Sinking Island found the foundation for how a whodunnit as an adventure game should be made (take note and learn AWE Games or whatever the developer of those three recent Agatha Christie games is called).

I know some people regard SF2 as a good game. I don't. It borders on being crap but can maybe be called mediocre on a good day. It can't compare to either Culpa Innata or The Longest Journey. IMO I should add.;)

Edit: But the first SF is quite ok.