You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure games for Wii

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Vini Vidi Vici

Default Adventure games for Wii

I've recently aquired a Nintendo Wii.

And I was wondering whether there are any good/great adventure games out there for that platform.

Getting games to your Wii is just such a jungle... Much like getting games in any sort of context

So which are you favourites? or is it considered blasphemy to want to play adventure games on thing apart from you pc?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Junior Mint

Not very many... there is Broken Sword I: The Director's cut, as well as Sam & Max. Some of the other Telltale stuff is on WiiWare for download. Many people consider Zack and Wiki an adventure game, though I have not played it. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings has Fate of Atlantis bundled with it as bonus content.

I personally think the Wii is tailor-made for point-and-click adventures, and I'm surprised there aren't more.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Vini Vidi Vici

Broken Sword, yes I was thinking about getting that one. I've got it for pc as well, but have yet to figure out the scummv thingy.

My video card it seems is not up to game for BS4 which I've recently got for PC.

So I'd sort of hoped there would be more games out there for wii.

But thanks for your input. Not a big selection though...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

There are a few listed in the Wii section of our Top Games list. There are two Agatha Christie ports on Wii as well (And Then There Were None and Evil Under the Sun), a Nancy Drew port (White Wolf of Icicle Creek), and a Harvey Birdman adventure. I'd link you to them all, but it's easier to just point you to the games list in general. None of those are particularly great, but might interest you depending on your taste.

Remember that Wii games are region-restricted, so they may not all be avilable for your region.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

Another Code R, the sequel to the DS game. There are also ports of both the Secret Files games I think, at least I've seen them both here in Sweden.
I think the Runaway games have been ported too.. or maybe they are going to.. not sure bout those two.

If you haven't played either Runaway or Secret Files on PC, why not play them on your Wii?

And of course, from Telltale and available on WiiWare, Tales of Monkey Island!