You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Secrets of Da Vinci - The Forbidden Manuscript

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 AM   #1

Default Secrets of Da Vinci - The Forbidden Manuscript

i'm so excited i found this game....

my question is: will this run with windows vista. it says windows xp/2000
Old 08-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #2

If it's the download version, then it will work like a charm. But the DVD version should be fine too. Vista isn't mentioned in the specifications for that game simply because it wasn't out yet at the time.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #3

I've played it on XP. Really wonderfull game! Great graphics, interesting puzzles, I especially liked learning about some techniques and chores from the time of Da Vinci. The story is intriguing, a mystery with a few twists.

@Imn1220: If it doesn't work staight away, which I think it will, you can always run it in compatibility mode.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #4

thanks guys...i will get this game
Old 08-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #5

I was introduced to the games of Kheops Studio by playing fantastic "Return to Mysterious Island" (and the great sequel too, of course). At first I didn't like the first-person perspective (generally, I prefer TPS to FPS), but this approach really fit those games, when I look now. I've played several other titles from KS: "Destination: Treasure Island" and "Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy", as well as the "Secrets of Da Vinci: Forbidden Manuscript" and I was blown away by their trademark inventory system and very good puzzles.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
If it's the download version, then it will work like a charm. But the DVD version should be fine too. Vista isn't mentioned in the specifications for that game simply because it wasn't out yet at the time.
Just thought I'd confirm that at least I played it on Vista without any problems whatsoever.

And indeed, excellent game.