You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Samantha Everett's Hair (from Gray Matter)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #41
Senior *female* member

As a woman I also say "Huh!?"

I don't want hyper-sexualized men with baskets in my beloved adventures, thank you very much. I prefer "real" men... Like Robert Cath.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
in response to whom?
In response to a derailed thread.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
In response to a derailed thread.
But I like this thread! I want it to be alive forever! Samantha is my reason for living. She's whispering to me in my dreams, enlightening my every thought, and bringing me ever closer, along with her discretely veiled magical tricks, to a small paradise within myself.

Hey I think I'll go and start the Official Samantha Fan Club™ !! What are you waiting for?! Become a happy member today!!

™ indicates a registered trademark of Samantha Everett Communications, LLC. Used with permission.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #44

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Will there be a page dedicated to the old, EVIL fringe?

[EDIT] That fringe should be a character in the game. It would be like Murray, from Monkey Island, except far more terrifying.

Last edited by Marduk; 07-30-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwolf View Post
samantha is my reason for living. She's whispering to me in my dreams, enlightening my every thought, and bringing me ever closer, along with her discretely veiled magical tricks, to a small paradise within myself.
o_o
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #46

Maybe Marduk could start an Official Samantha Fun Club about her EVIL fringe!!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #47

She looks like the type of person who erroneously believes her thoughts and opinions would blow the tiny minds of 'normal' people.

She's trying a bit too hard.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknowncure View Post
She looks like the type of person who erroneously believes her thoughts and opinions would blow the tiny minds of 'normal' people.

She's trying a bit too hard.
How does one go about achieveing this look? Have you ever really came to this conclusion just by looking at somebody? [EDIT] I should have used emots but this was meant in the nicest way possible

Last edited by Marduk; 07-30-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #49

Quote:
How does one go about achieveing this look? Have you ever really came to this conclusion just by looking at somebody?
No, my previous post was an illusion.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #50

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknowncure View Post
No, my previous post was an illusion.
Sincerely, I find this kind of sarcastic attitude rather annoying. Smiles and emoticons have been put beside the replay box to help the poster to better represent his or her attitude and/or mood. So, really, this sarcasm and these sibylline replies are a waste of time, not to mention completely irrelevant to the subject at hand.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Sincerely, I find this kind of sarcastic attitude rather annoying. Smiles and emoticons have been put beside the replay box to help the poster to better represent his or her attitude and/or mood. So, really, this sarcasm and these sibylline replies are a waste of time, not to mention completely irrelevant to the subject at hand.
Don't take at heart everything that happens here, Andy
Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Alright, I'll admit I pushed the sarcastic vibe a bit far, if only because the subject matter greatly amused me. Plus, it's always a pleasure for me to discuss Gray Matter, and in particular, the appearance of such an intriguing character as Samantha.

Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone with my apparent infatuation with her. Although I was being sarcastic, like you rightfully claim Andrea, I shall nevertheless refrain from exposing such irrational thoughts in the future.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
Alright, I'll admit I pushed the sarcastic vibe a bit far, if only because the subject matter greatly amused me. Plus, it's always a pleasure for me to discuss Gray Matter, and in particular, the appearance of such an intriguing character as Samantha.

Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone with my apparent infatuation with her. Although I was being sarcastic, like you rightfully claim Andrea, I shall nevertheless refrain from exposing such irrational thoughts in the future.

So... you're "Noknowncure"?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #54

Quote:
So... you're "Noknowncure"?
Not at all. I'm Alexandre, also known as DeadWolf. By admitting I went too far on the sarcastic jokes, I was referring to my Samantha Fan Club™ post.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #55

Which Andrea was totally not referring to!

But anyway, this post is an illusion, too! You will soon forget it, it will fade out of your sight and your mind. It was never there, you just thought it was and you won't be even sure about it. It's only a figment of your imagination that rapidly decays.
Additionally, this message will self-destruct in 10 seconds. So, back off!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #56

I still don't know what anybody means by 'Baskets'.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #57

I haven't got a clue. Perhaps it's slang for big biceps or something?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #58

"Basket", as in, "bread basket", which is slang that can refer to either the abdominal region... or crotch area. Make of that what you will. I guess it depends on what was actually being referred to here.

But I don't really want to know...

Seriously though... Hair?!

Jokes aside; I don't necessarily like or dislike Sam's outfit and choice of hairstyle. I guess it will fit her persona and the "exaggerated" elements should visually complement a character's personality and their ensemble, as mentioned by Danga, will magnify their unique traits. I don't mind if it's considered stereotypical because I have a feeling Jane Jensen has written these characters in such a way that will make many aspects of their personalities contradict, for the better, any set idea about stereotypes.

You know, ever since Sam's concept art was released, she reminded me straight away of , Abby, the Goth girl, in the TV series, NCIS.

If we want to discuss blatant stereotyping, what about David looking like a rip-off of the Phantom of the Opera? Can we imagine what his personality will really be like, from the sketchy info we have? How many contradictions will there be, do you think, in how he actually operates if we look past his appearance?

Last edited by Manly One; 08-01-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly One View Post
"Basket", as in, "bread basket", which is slang that can refer to either the abdominal region... or crotch area.
Ah. We keep our bread in bread bins.
Quote:
But I don't really want to know...
No, me either come to that.

Quote:
Seriously though... Hair?!

Jokes aside; I don't necessarily like or dislike Sam's outfit and choice of hairstyle.
"Jokes aside"? I have seen the humour in some of the things I've said on this thread but her earlier hair style was disgusting and repulsed me like no other representation of the female form has ever done before..

I've freely admitted this is irrational.
Quote:
I guess it will fit her persona and the "exaggerated" elements should visually complement a character's personality and their ensemble
What exaggerated elements? As people have already pointed out; she's a street magician.

Quote:
If we want to discuss blatant stereotyping
I wanted to talk about style with absolutely no regard for substance. In any case, I don't see how you can really stereo-typify a Goth (which she's not). It's just a trend that's become a kind of subculture, but no different to the larger sub cultures of those you'll see in your 'average' non-Goth related establishments. If you were to label her a fascist, communist, serial killer, junkie, or something far less serious like a student, lesbian or mildly autistic then those are real stereo-typical conclusions which should be avoided (even if she falls under one or more of those categories).

My outrage was quashed when I saw that her old, EVIL hair was gone and replaced with a far more tolerable do. I'm fine, now, and eagerly look forward to the game.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #60

you guys are C R A Z Y!