You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure adventures on your iphone? well?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT
Default adventures on your iphone? well?

Well, someone made a post a couple of weeks ago which prompted me to get Jules verns Return to Mysterious Island on my new iphone (a toy i had not really explored up until that day). I'm still playing it and i must say i'm very impressed. Even an "older" lady i work with quickly picked up how the game worked and was fascinated by the graphics and how you move around the island. However.... i myself was quite fascinated when i began to explore other apps and saw the one and only Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (still for $9.99 tho unfortunately, making it one of the most expensive apps i have seen). I've also seen a few other games worth mentioning/buying on there and so I've compiled a quick little list below because most of them come under the category of "adventures" if you sort thru the list on your phone. Obviously if you know what you're looking for you use the VERY handy search feature and bring those apps right up. If you live in AU and are wanting to purchase them dont forget to do the download on your PC with the itunes program open because then you wont be paying stupid prices for the bandwidth you use up!!! (especially for MI which is huge).

I am pretty stoked to see Monkey Island on the iphone as well as some other recognisable classics from the list below. Some of you will automatically go "wow i remember that". Hope this is useful to some of you. Thanks to whomever listed RTMI originally because im enjoying playing thru it was well worth the few measly bucks i payed for it.

GoT

Potential iphone fun:

Return to Mysterious Island
Flight of the Amazon Queen
The Secret of Monkey Island: Remastered
Space Ace (as if you DONT want this, i grabbed it! Any old AMIGA fan will remember this quite clearly what a classic!)
Worms (ok... nowhere near an adventure but i have to mention it... cmon who doesnt love Team17!)
Return to Mysterious Island 2 (Mysteriously...no pun intended...this one appears to be free... is this possible? Infact i am SURE it isnt a full game but some type of addon if you own the PC version....someone might wanna confirm this if they're an iphone guru.)
and one more little gem i found: battle.net authenticator. For blizzard gamers who use a battle.net password to log into games (includes wow) they can now use their iphone as a secure way to access their accounts. So even if a hacker hacks their battle.net account he'd need their ACTUAL iphone in order to log on and use it. Genius.... and its free.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #2

It's free and it's the synchronization aspect for RtMI 2. If you download the demo from Microids, the sync program is included and you're asked if you wish to install it. Once you do, there are some puzzles in the game that allow you to solve them on the iPhone then re-sync with the PC and continue the game. It's their way of letting you play the game "on the go". As far as I know, the sync app does not work with the Big Fish Games version.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

SOunds interesting.... i dont think i'll be trying it out anytime soon. I'm still battling thru part 1 on my phone. Its entertaining but not the type of adventure i'd seek out on my pc where i have more of a choice.