You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Myst-ifying Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Stalker of Britain

Default Myst-ifying Question

When I started playing the original "Myst" game again, I started to ponder something. Was the inconsistency ever explained, with the Trap books from the original "Myst" and the Prison ages in the 4th game? Obviously you can see and talk to the brothers in the first game, and when entrapped in them, it's just a black void. So how did they get from there, through the burning, to the prison ages found in the 4th game? I've just recently started the 4th game, so I may not know all of the information, but obviously the books are different when I suppose they are supposed to be the same. I hope that makes sense. I remember an official statement coming out about it, but I really can't remember.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 07-25-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I hope that makes sense. I remember an official statement coming out about it, but I really can't remember.
The only things I can think of is that Atrus either transferred them to their ages somehow, or he wrote the ages in the blank books that they were in.

In other words, beats me.

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 07-25-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
tsa
Playing character

If I remember correctly Atrus first locked his sons up, and later made Spire and the other Age (which' name I forgot (is that good English?)) because his wife (Catherine) persuaded him to do that. But I can be wrong.

Edit: doesn't Atrus explain some of it in the corner where the terminals are that he uses to keep an eye on his sons?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
Treasure Hunter

If I remember correctly, trap books are incomplete linking books. So I guess he finished the links using Spire and Haven.

But it was quickly explained somewhere... don't remember where though. Myst 4 was when they really stared screwing up the continuity.

Playing: ...
Next up: Syberia 2, Full Throttle, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey