You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Darker Shade of Grey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Codger

Default Darker Shade of Grey

It's one of the "buy now" games at the log on screen.

It's an OK game, but not nearly as good as "Death in Scarlet".
Old 07-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Codger

I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't received a comment. There are a few threads asking how to intoduce a "significant other" to adventure games. Responces to those threads have ranged from Longest Journey to Syberia.

Both of which are great games. But are hardly entry-level.

Both of the JJ/JP games, Death in Scarlet and Darker Shade of Grey offer the ideal entry-level puzzle solving experience that will make the player want something more.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #3

I read Andrea's recent review of A Darker Shade of Grey and it does look quite enjoyable. Sadly, I don't presently know any girl interested in gaming to whom I could present the suggestion.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Banned User

I thought it was quite better than the first. It was quite a ride from beginning to end. One of the better Casual game series.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Codger

Better plot. Slower interface. But either game would be a great introduction to the adventure genre.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
I read Andrea's recent review of A Darker Shade of Grey and it does look quite enjoyable. Sadly, I don't presently know any girl interested in gaming to whom I could present the suggestion.
Doesn't have to be a girl. I'm a guy. Enjoyed both games and would recomment either to a "guy" interested in trying an "entry-level" adventure game.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Doesn't have to be a girl. I'm a guy. Enjoyed both games and would recomment either to a "guy" interested in trying an "entry-level" adventure game.
Exactly, especially when the series is WRITTEN by a guy. His name is James Patterson. Yeah, he's not a pussy writer. He knows drama and how to write Crime Thrillers.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

As much as I dislike the definition of a "pussy writer", something that sound incredibly sexist to me, the game series is actually written by a woman, Jane Jensen, with Patterson serving as a consulting producer.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Yes, of course. I didn't mean to imply that A Darker Shade of Grey is a girl's game only. I said that in regard to your previous post; you mentioned something about introducing a significant other to adventure games. I'm a guy too and I enjoy Nancy Drew games and would definitely pick up Darker Shade if it was to become available at Big Fish or GamersGate.

I apologize if what I said seemed sexist or disrespectful.

EDIT: A Darker Shade of Grey is available at Big Fish Games. Sorry if I previously claimed otherwise.

Last edited by 3rdFloor; 07-24-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
As much as I dislike the definition of a "pussy writer", something that sound incredibly sexist to me, the game series is actually written by a woman, Jane Jensen, with Patterson serving as a consulting producer.
Yeah, and while her other games have had male characters, she's definitely not a cock writer.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Nevermind. Misread your post.

By Pussy Writer, I meant kitty like. As in, weak. Not perverted like you seem to see.

Last edited by kadji-kun; 07-21-2009 at 04:14 PM.