You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tales of Monkey Island

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to cristane

I also brought my laptop to work
Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #22
Monkey Island Fan

I'm glad that after years of waiting we only had to wait just over a month since the announcement. This is all I've been thinking about since E3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno_Malta View Post
I´m at work but brought my notebook for the download as soon as Telltale release it!. Don´t wanna see no review until i played this one!
Just a general note that I was surprised how heavy this game is graphically on 1440x900 with details on high. It could just be my PC though so it would be interesting to hear how well it runs on regular notebooks or older desktop systems for that matter.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #23

The Telltale website is down.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #24

The Monkey island page on the Telltale website is down. Could this be the moment we've been waiting for?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #25
Schattenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn0wl View Post
I'm glad that after years of waiting we only had to wait just over a month since the announcement. This is all I've been thinking about since E3.

Just a general note that I was surprised how heavy this game is graphically on 1440x900 with details on high. It could just be my PC though so it would be interesting to hear how well it runs on regular notebooks or older desktop systems for that matter.
WOW! Really? I will let you know but this to me is kind of a let down since Sam & Max runs very good.

" I Can´t use these two Things Together"

Playing: Myst 4, So Blond, Memento Mori

Next in Line: The Black Mirror, Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2
Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #26

wtf is going on, it's noon already and no release.

it's becoming clear that telltale really should've taken a lot more time with this. it all feels so rushed. i like how fast the release schedule was, but they should've spent at LEAST a year developing such an important game, perfected everything, and then had it ready to go. instead they've been working on it until the last minute and seem regretfully bound to their own super fast turn-around schedule.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #27

Meh. This has nothing to do with developing, more with server problems. Which isn't a good thing, but it happens. It's probably not Telltale's fault. I bet they (foolishly) didn't anticipate such a rush on the game.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #28
Super Moderator

Yeah, they've had the most people on the forums ever on their site tonight, for the short time they were up.

The wait is slowly becoming agonising though.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #29

Definitely. Out of frustration I just purchased the first season of Sam and Max, just to kill some time. Strangely, that worked, and so did the download.

Maybe they're just trying to make a quick extra buck this way, hehe.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #30
capsized.

AAAAGHGHAHgAGH.

'is all I'm saying.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #31
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNFknRoll View Post
it's becoming clear that telltale really should've taken a lot more time with this. it all feels so rushed. i like how fast the release schedule was, but they should've spent at LEAST a year developing such an important game, perfected everything, and then had it ready to go.

Telltale's business model doesn't allow for anything like that. Which isn't a bad thing per se.

I'm a bit disappointed myself by now. I was hoping I could play an hour or two this evening but it's close to midnight now and still nothing. That's digital distribution for you - even an all nighter outside the Telltale offices wouldn't have done anything. Off to bed or skimming through this Monkey3 review from a long defunct gaming mag for like the umpteenth time? We'll see.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Cheer up people. The game is already made, in English, and with a secured way of distribution. So no matter what, the delay can't be too big. Not of the size of waiting periods for Gray Matter, Mata Hari, or Insecticide Part 2 anyway.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #33

it's now 3:30. seriously, not cool
Old 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #34

Come on people! At least we're not waiting months for a release. It was very well-announced.

I remember being at the front door of SoftWarehouse (now CompUSA) as a kid to pick up my copy of The Secret of Monkey Island 20 years ago. The fact that I can do this digitally now is amazing.

The people at Telltale are only human, and they use the same technology we use, which can freeze up or go down from time to time. So let's cut them a break and understand the work they're going through just to get this thing up and running. In fact, if the site crashes, let's see this as a good thing -- lots of customers flocking to download the game means more profit for them, which means more games in the future!

Meanwhile, I'll go watch a rerun of Michael Jackson's memorial service and check my work e-mail...
Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #35
Strategy Guide Author

The TellTale site is totally broke, it might be out
Old 07-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #36

Monkey Island killed Telltale!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Not out just yet, but should be when the site's up (going by the latest twitter post).
Old 07-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #38

Hmm, I guess maybe the problem is too many people flooding the site to try and download the game, which is making the site go down. This release was just too big. Maybe Telltale should have waited until the day it was released to make the announcement. I guess I will have to be patient a bit longer.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #39
Super Moderator

Avast, ye downloads be ready!
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #40
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNFknRoll View Post
it's becoming clear that telltale really should've taken a lot more time with this. it all feels so rushed. i like how fast the release schedule was, but they should've spent at LEAST a year developing such an important game, perfected everything, and then had it ready to go. instead they've been working on it until the last minute and seem regretfully bound to their own super fast turn-around schedule.
It was down to the wire on some things, but we've been working on the game for about eight months now, probably closer to ten if you count time when there are two or three people in a room kicking story around. We didnt start working on it the moment we announced it or something.

Of course, I wouldn't have minded another few weeks, but we released it.