You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure LucasArts teases about more big news!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #81
Life and times of...

So cheap?

Oh, I really should get Steam back in order some day.

What an incredible time for getting old adventure games!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #82

If you buy them do you get access to the data files to use with ScummVM?
Old 07-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #83
The Quiet One

From what i've read over on the ScummVM forums, these re-releases and their data files don't work with ScummVM. They've been tweaked up by LucasArts themselves. The ScummVM team won't be adding support unless LucasArts give them the 'OK'.

As for Steam, i reactivated my account the other day in preparation for the SOMI: SE.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #84
Banned User

Would there be a reason to use ScummVM? I don't understand why its a problem.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #85

Sure, Steam works on one platform. ScummVM works on many.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #86
Schattenger

So....where is the other Big News?

" I Can´t use these two Things Together"

Playing: Myst 4, So Blond, Memento Mori

Next in Line: The Black Mirror, Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2
Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 AM   #87
The Quiet One

Default Back-Cat Announcement

Another back-catalogue announcement will be made on Monday. No idea what it'll be. But it won't be X-Wing or TIE Fighter that's for sure. One can only hope it'll be more adventure games.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #88

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Another back-catalogue announcement will be made on Monday. No idea what it'll be. But it won't be X-Wing or TIE Fighter that's for sure. One can only hope it'll be more adventure games.
Noticed that just about all of the comments responding to that one are related to very recent games, ones that are still relatively easily obtainable? Mind you, I only skimmed through these but a sizable chunk of responses to the previous news quoting Darrell Rodriguez mentioned old titles (usually their old AGs), not just games released within the last few years. (Then again, I don't even remember the tie fighter and x-wing games, so I don't know when they were released).
Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
(Then again, I don't even remember the tie fighter and x-wing games, so I don't know when they were released).
X-Wing came out in 1992 (even though the wiki article claims it was 1993) and was arguably the first PC Star Wars title published by LucasArts. TIE Fighter followed in 1994 and went on to become a cult classic for space simulation fans. Both games were designed by Lawrence Holland and Edward Kilham. Holland continued the series solo and made two more titles: X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter (1997) and X-Wing Alliance (1999).

Er... what we talking about again? Oh right! Sorry about the history lesson. Actually, I don't care much for space sims or Star Wars games in general, so I'd be much happier to see more of their classic adventures on Monday, rather than sitting inside the cockpit of an X-Wing.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #90
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
So many people are repeating the 'It's not X-Wing or Tie Fighter' thing that I really really hope it turns out to be X-Wing Versus Tie Fighter
Old 08-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #91

Yes, an X-Wing title could definitely show up. Who knows? That would teach a lesson to a few rumor-filled websites out there.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #92

No adventure games this time around; LucasArts is re-releasing the Super Star Wars series on the Wii (Virtual Console).

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...56&newsLang=en
Old 08-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannik View Post
No adventure games this time around; LucasArts is re-releasing the Super Star Wars series on the Wii (Virtual Console).

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...56&newsLang=en
I can't believe they teased this announcement. Old SNES games released on the Wii VC???? Wow! Shocker! OMG MEGATON! Never before has such an amazing story been told! Good grief...
Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #94

Yeah, tell me about it! Why tease their fans with this crap? I thought we were going to see more adventures, not some Super NES Star Wars games ported to the Wii. I don't get it.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
Yeah, tell me about it! Why tease their fans with this crap? I thought we were going to see more adventures, not some Super NES Star Wars games ported to the Wii. I don't get it.
Monkey Island Remake was news...Tales of MI was news...the Steam deal was news. SNES games on Wii VC was about as non-news as possible. My first thought was actually "Really? These aren't already out? Ok....Shadows of the Empire would have been better..."

Dirty teases. They KNEW we were craving adventure games!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #96
Friendly Server Admin

I am also outraged about a company announcing a product I am not interested in!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco View Post
Outrage! Outrage I say! Grab the torches! Bring the pitchforks! To Skywalker ranch we must depart! Kill the beast!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #98

Quote:
*Laughs* Yeah, you're right. I'll admit I somehow overreacted; a LucasArts executive telling a rumor-filled website that they'll soon release a few more heritage titles isn't necessarily proof of anything tangible.

But still, you know what Lupin and I meant. We're just big fans of the old adventure IPs and are hopeful to see more now.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #99

Quote:
Hehe, brilliant. You're right, of course. And we all should try not to get our hopes up with every little tidbit they say on Twitter.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #100
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
But still, you know what Lupin and I meant. We're just big fans of the old adventure IPs and are hopeful to see more now.
Are there any left unreleased now of their old adventure games? (I'll admit that I may have missed a couple, since Loom was the only one I was missing, and that was released.)