You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dr. Layton and the Curious Village for PC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
Easily amused

Default Dr. Layton and the Curious Village for PC

Does anyone know if I can get this game for my PC? I have no interest in console games, but Dr. Layton and the Curious Village is know for it's puzzles and it sounds like something I'd like.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:34 AM   #2

Nope sir. It's a Nintendo DS game only. Sorry to break it to you.

Now... I don't know the status of DS emulation. But you might want to try to get a Rom and an emulator of sorts if it exists. That's illegal though, if you don't Own the original cartridge. But then again, who is going to care?

Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess - Real soon!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heribertovalle View Post
Nope sir. It's a Nintendo DS game only. Sorry to break it to you.

Now... I don't know the status of DS emulation. But you might want to try to get a Rom and an emulator of sorts if it exists. That's illegal though, if you don't Own the original cartridge. But then again, who is going to care?
Well, we don't police what people do in the privacy of their homes, but we don't like to have encouragement of it on the forums.

Sorry, Jo it's a DS game. Maybe if you ever get the chance to borrow one, you could give it a try. The touch screen is used, so there's no real learning curve at all.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #4

Besides, the DS is a GREAT little bugger! You'll get good fun for your buck! Lots of good games, quirky games, FUN games. Something other consoles have been forgetting, simple fun.

Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess - Real soon!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by heribertovalle View Post
Besides, the DS is a GREAT little bugger! You'll get good fun for your buck! Lots of good games, quirky games, FUN games. Something other consoles have been forgetting, simple fun.
Yes the DS is sweet with many good adventure games. Also you can play the older Lucasarts games on it but you have to look it up yourself.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
Schattenger

I myself don´t like the DS. All the games i played, including Professor Layton, were far from fun. I tought that the puzzles from Layton were just rehash of old puzzles (Like the one you have to cross the animals by the river).
That game, Room (forgot the number) was also a waste of time. Sounded fun on the start but eventually become a boring waste.

" I Can´t use these two Things Together"

Playing: Myst 4, So Blond, Memento Mori

Next in Line: The Black Mirror, Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2