Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The States have got Diabolik! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/24999-states-have-got-diabolik.html)

ggreen737 06-25-2009 05:29 AM

The States have got Diabolik!

...And I'm picking it up tommorrow:D I hear pretty good things about this game, and I'm stoked to play an ADV game with comic book storytelling, should be awesome.

Although I guess there are some intense first person aspects of the game? If you've played it over there across the pond, let me know what you think.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9...diabolikor.jpg

Jackal 06-25-2009 06:34 AM

I haven't played it myself, but apparently there are "Adventure" and "Action-adventure" modes to choose from (same story), and there's nothing particularly intense in the former.

Where have you seen it in the States? It was supposed to be out in the UK by now (and isn't, that I know of), but this is the first I've ever heard about it making its way over here. I believe you; I just want to know where to look. :P

Ariel Type 06-25-2009 06:57 AM

I found this game to be stupid and irritable for the most part. The same 5 mini-games that try player's patience are shown again and again, the story and dialogs are laughable (well, ok for the comics I guess), and the "adventure" part is of "find the key card on the next screen" and "use the appropriate tool on the guard" type. The only thing I enjoyed was "Diabolik" song at the beginning. Now that's catchy
Oh, and for those who hate walking on long distances - our superhero doesn't have a "running" superpower

sTyLnK 06-25-2009 01:12 PM

This game looks neat. I actually just came across it on gamespot and was about to make a thread on it here, but found this one.

GoT 06-26-2009 12:21 AM

Can someone who played it do a full review in teh review section? I'd like to know what you guys think. I could go searching for reviews but i prefer to know what serious adventure gamers think. and on here.

ggreen737 06-26-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 514432)
I haven't played it myself, but apparently there are "Adventure" and "Action-adventure" modes to choose from (same story), and there's nothing particularly intense in the former.

Where have you seen it in the States? It was supposed to be out in the UK by now (and isn't, that I know of), but this is the first I've ever heard about it making its way over here. I believe you; I just want to know where to look. :P

I'm near Seattle, WA, and I saw it in an ad for a local game store.

kadji-kun 06-26-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggreen737 (Post 514532)
I'm near Seattle, WA, and I saw it in an ad for a local game store.

Of course Seattle would have it. lol

Henke 06-28-2009 12:29 PM

Is this game based on the movie by Mario Bava? :) Could be fun.

kotkin 07-24-2009 05:51 AM

I have played more than 3 hours and I like it! I live in Greece, and the game are on the shelves now.
I choose the adventure mode, and it is pretty good.Its not a masterpiece of course, but how many games are?
The game blends real time third personm action, but instead of a cut scene, you watch the action in comic frames. The graphics are not amazing but can't say that are bad.
Anyway I want to continue playing. After the stupid story and puzzles of Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, this game looks pretty good and immersive.

Ariel Type 07-26-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotkin (Post 517750)
After the stupid story and puzzles of Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, this game looks pretty good and immersive.

Um.. it's a real story, if you don't know. With a blend of fictional facts, of course, but the whole concept is very close to the good old Ripper.
And if "immersion" is counted in the times you just sit and watch a bunch of badly drawn pictures, waiting to click your mouse as a madman after the game tells you, than - yeah, maybe.
Seriously, the games are miles away from each other. MILES!

misslilo 07-26-2009 10:41 AM

Could a mod or someone please resize the image in first post - it freaks me out everytime I get in here. :)

In fact, the forum should have automatic resizing, when an image goes beyond the borders.

sTyLnK 07-26-2009 11:31 AM

A buddy of mine has this game so I borrowed it and to be honest I don't care for it at all. =[

ggreen737 07-27-2009 08:39 AM

Yeah, I ended up not getting it after hearing worse things once more people had played it ahhh well.....