You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Still Life 2 Where to Get It

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #1

Default Still Life 2 Where to Get It

Waiting a long time for this game. Does anyone know if Still Life 2 is being sold in North America yet? I've been asking for it but no retailer seems to have it on hand or even planning to order it.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
aye, aye!

It seems like download-purchasing is the way to go :/
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 06-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It seems like download-purchasing is the way to go :/
Looks that way right now, Thorn, although I prefer purchasing my games in stores. I thought it was going to be released in North America but can't seem to find a date for this anymore? I see people are playing the game but I don't want to look to closely so as not to spoil my fun.

Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

There will be a boxed version released in North America, but not until August.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
There will be a boxed version released in North America, but not until August.
Oh, good! I'll wait for it then.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #6

Well ... here it is past August and I can't find Still Life 2 for sale anywhere. EB Games sells lots of games for PCs but have not even ordered it. Same with general stores such as London Drugs and Walmart. Anyone bought this game in a store in Canada? Thanks!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #7

I'm in Canada and I have the game but I purchased it from Amazon.ca. They have it in stock right now for $19.99 and I have found them to be very reliable. Unfortunately I haven't seen it in any store and I've noticed it is increasingly difficult to find pc adventure games in stores here.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #8

gamestop website
Old 09-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegirl View Post
Unfortunately I haven't seen it in any store and I've noticed it is increasingly difficult to find pc adventure games in stores here.
This is exactly what I'm finding. The traditional places that used to sell pc adventure games don't seem interested anymore. I've been waiting for Still Life 2 and Secret Files 2 and neither seem available anywhere, except online which is where I might have to go. I wonder if it's just Canada and better in the US for adventure game sales.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
merely human

Adventure game publishers and developers suck. They rarely make games for consoles.

I wish Still Life 2 had a console version.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #11
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Adventure game publishers and developers suck. They rarely make games for consoles.
Besides being a ridiculous generalisation, isn't this at odds with your rabid support of Heavy Rain, a console exclusive?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by AndreaDraco83; 09-06-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: I corrected 'Hard' in 'Heavy' :)
Old 09-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
This is exactly what I'm finding. The traditional places that used to sell pc adventure games don't seem interested anymore. I've been waiting for Still Life 2 and Secret Files 2 and neither seem available anywhere, except online which is where I might have to go. I wonder if it's just Canada and better in the US for adventure game sales.
There's a website, it's American, called Interactcd.com that sells adventure games that are really hard to find. They have Secret Files 2 available for purchase right now at $29.99. The prices are obviously in American funds but the exchange rate right now is okay and shipping is much less expensive than if you were ordering from Amazon.com. I've ordered from Interact on occasion and they're very reliable. I think it is just Canada, it's much easier in the US to get adventure games.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
Does anyone know if Still Life 2 is being sold in North America yet?
I certainly would suggest downloading the game demo, and trying it before purchasing. A great many players here did not like it. I'd search for SL2 threads.

SL2 is certainly downloadable in NA. Don't know about hard copy sales.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
I certainly would suggest downloading the game demo, and trying it before purchasing. A great many players here did not like it. I'd search for SL2 threads.
Thanks for the suggestion, rtrooney. I am sure hoping that I'll finally find out who the killer was from the first Still Life! It would be a bonus to actually love the game, too.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #15

Allow me to second the suggestion about InteractCD. It's a very reliable store and the worldwide shipping is cheap compared to GameStop.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #16

Amazingly, I found Still Life 2 at a Gamestop store in CA. They do get in adventure games, I bought "The Experiment" and "Culpia Innata" there too.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #17

Nice! And yes, GameStop carries new releases in the genre. But their shipping costs when ordering online are highly expensive for Canadians. We're talking like $17 for a single game.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegirl View Post
There's a website, it's American, called Interactcd.com that sells adventure games that are really hard to find. They have Secret Files 2 available for purchase right now at $29.99. The prices are obviously in American funds but the exchange rate right now is okay and shipping is much less expensive than if you were ordering from Amazon.com. I've ordered from Interact on occasion and they're very reliable. I think it is just Canada, it's much easier in the US to get adventure games.
Splendid advice indeed. Can't understand that there are still members wondering where to order ;-)) I have been ordering from Interactcd.com for years now. Always fast, mint and the owner Dave Sparks is a great person. And for foreign customers: he has the lowest shipping prices.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #19

your best bet is buying online if you want to play now. Let's remember that Adventure games are still pretty much Niche, so the distributors aren't probably dying to stock up on it.

Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess - Real soon!