You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Return To Mysterious Island 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
ednamoles

Send a message via Yahoo to ednamoles
Default Return To Mysterious Island 2

Hello everyone. Does anyone know the date of the release on this game ? I would really like to know
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Stalker of Britain

"Currently scheduled for a June release", from AG's own preview; http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1017.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
ednamoles

Default Mysterious Island 2

Yes, thank you very much, I have seen the release month for June, trying to get the date in June
Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

Chances are good that June release date is for download only. Really there are no firm details of any kind about its release just yet. As soon as we know more, though, it'll be available on site.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
ednamoles

thank you.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #6

Can not wait .
Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Stalker of Britain

I have moved all of the discussion about hints of the game here; http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...504#post513504.

Please use this thread to talk about the new game, and post any questions you have about the first game in the thread I linked.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
Adventure Dude =]

I loved the first game, I know a lot of people didn't. So, with that said I can't wait for the second one.

Last Game Finished: Memento Mori, Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Games Recently Finished: Art of Murder - The Hunt for the Puppeteer, Secret Files 2, Still Life 2
Old 07-22-2009, 02:52 AM   #9

How use the ants (wound) ?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:19 AM   #10

I'm gonna start this one on Friday..
Old 07-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
Caffein Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula__ View Post
How use the ants (wound) ?
Spoiler:
You click one ant from the green leave on top
Then click at top of wound
Then click again to get it to close around it.

Ahem, sorry, just forgot to add the spoiler tags. Was at work and got distracted

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter

Last edited by misslilo; 07-22-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #12

Please use SPOILER tags on spoilers, for example:
Spoiler:
To get ants, you need to drive slugger away. You may use Snakeskin on him to scare him. To catch those ants you need a grass that is near the dead animal.
After you collect ants (minigame, it's possible to get max 10 ants on the grass), give ants to Mina which opens another minigame - place ants one by one on the wound but always click once more on the ant to decapitate it, otherwise the ant run away! I'm unsure what is minimal number of ants you need for the wound, but 7 was enough for me.

Quote this post to see how is that done.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:58 AM   #13
Senior *female* member

I had so much fun with the sequel that I played it again in order to get more points. My final score is 795, that's 100 more than the first time. Mostly by baking pies like mad and forcing Mina and Jep to eat everything in sight until tell you they are full.
Spoiler:
When you use the knife on the mussels before cooking them, you are rewarded with 1 extra point, although they will open in the fire anyway. (I guess feeding Slugger the leftovers after Jep and Mina stuffed themselves would have earned me even more points, but I plain forgot.) You can also make a hook out of the nail and get one point for your trouble, although you already have a hook.

Just for fun, no points:

Spoiler:
Click the edible alcohol on Mina, Jep, Leonard, Slugger. Save before you give it to Amber.

A couple of questions for those who have finished the game:
Spoiler:
Is there any tool Jep can use on the termites at the inlet beach? Mina can't do a thing, I got the "forbidden" symbol with her. Same for the turtle on the other beach. I tried giving the worms to the birds in the nest (after I'd been fishing) but no dice.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
A couple of questions for those who have finished the game:
Spoiler:
Is there any tool Jep can use on the termites at the inlet beach? Mina can't do a thing, I got the "forbidden" symbol with her. Same for the turtle on the other beach. I tried giving the worms to the birds in the nest (after I'd been fishing) but no dice.
That's strange, when I play both Mina and Jep were able to eat the termites.

The turtle really serves no points in the game. You couldnt do anything to the creature. It couldnt get killed by the green gas either. Anyone knows why the turtle?

anyway, I absolutely love this game. It's far better than the first one (like the first isnt great already)
The alien part kinda brought the game down a little for me, i think it's a little cheap. But I like how they link ECHO (I may be wrong) & Voyage

You really cant get a better deal than $7 for this Wonderful Amazing sequel. Go get it everyone. Kudos (for the n times) to you Kheops.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:01 AM   #15
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed23 View Post
That's strange, when I play both Mina and Jep were able to eat the termites.
They can eat the ants (where Slugger was busy, near the mill), when Jep has caught them. But I meant the termites near the inlet. Mina can't do anything with them. When you play as Jep you can click on the termites and Jep tells you he needs a tool. If you know what tool, please tell me!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #16

Quote:
They can eat the ants (where Slugger was busy, near the mill), when Jep has caught them. But I meant the termites near the inlet. Mina can't do anything with them. When you play as Jep you can click on the termites and Jep tells you he needs a tool. If you know what tool, please tell me!
man, I am international but I know a termite and an ant
Spoiler:
look in the small pond next to the termites
Old 08-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #17
Senior *female* member

I'm afraid you'll have to spell it out for me. I don't get it.
Spoiler:
I don't see anything in the pond except water and the reed. Of course I have the reed (and the peas), or I wouldn't have been able to finish the game. What do I do with the termites? Nothing seems to work.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #18

Termite tool?

Spoiler:
Pick up the plant nearby, yes that one charmed mentioned in his post, then use your knife on it.

And something else:
Quote:
Spoiler:
You can also make a hook out of the nail and get one point for your trouble, although you already have a hook.
Spoiler:
You actually need that metal hook to catch the lake monster if you want to just for fun and for another 1 point.

Anyway, I've finished the game, then replayed it doing everything I can making a note of all the points I've found - except those you get for overfeeding Mina and monkeys. So I should replay it again just to add the eating part. If you want, I'll copy the whole thing here as a massive spoiler, although it's not finished actually, and contains in fact only short notes.

Last edited by joxer; 08-02-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
Senior *female* member

Yes, let's compare notes.

EDIT: I consulted a German WT and it turns out I have to use the *small branch*, which I found in the beginning of the game near the mill somewhere, on Jep, so he will chew it into a tool for catching the termites. Finally! That actually works! And here I was, listening to people telling me to find a mysterious object in the pond and to use the knife on it. Sheesh...

Last edited by Fien; 08-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Yes, let's compare notes.

EDIT: I consulted a German WT and it turns out I have to use the *small branch*, which I found in the beginning of the game near the mill somewhere, on Jep, so he will chew it into a tool for catching the termites. Finally! That actually works! And here I was, listening to people telling me to find a mysterious object in the pond and to use the knife on it. Sheesh...
!!! but did you pick up
Spoiler:
cliff reeds
in the pond? Because really, it's what I used to catch the termites