You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The big one - SOMI or TOMI?

View Poll Results: Most looking forward too... SOMI:SE or TOMI?
SOMI:SE 11 30.56%
TOMI 25 69.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 AM   #1

Default The big one - SOMI or TOMI?

Hey all, long time lurker here who simply had to finally sign up with all the great Monkey Island news this week!

I'm just interested to see which new MI game poeple are most excited about? Personally, I started really getting into adventure games with MI2, and for some reason I could never quite get into the original game after that, so to get the new updated version is perfect for me!

Of course I'll be getting TOMI too and just hope it lives up to history of the series.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
Schättenjager

Yayy,cant get enough this pools But Im loking forward both of them.Another option should be added: 'Both'
Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #3

I thought about adding a "both" option, but Im sure most people would have chosen that, so I decided if you had to chose one..

Interesting results do far!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #4
Super Moderator

I'll have to abstain from voting. I just can't choose.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
I'll have to abstain from voting. I just can't choose.
It is tough to decide!! :O
Old 06-04-2009, 05:11 AM   #6

Having just seen the gameplay videos of TOMI I think I may have changed my mind! looks much better in motion.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Game fanatic

I think SOMI:SE looks fantastic, but TOMI is the new game. Therefore TOMI is the one I am most excited to play.

I will buy both of course.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #8
The Quiet One

For me it seems to be the SOMI. It may have something to do with the fact that an old classic is getting a makeover from LucasArts, which i'm taken back by.

Voice acting included, up-to-date graphics, updated music, deleted scenes/easter eggs, a release on the 360 with achievements and the option to switch between classic and new mode seamlessly. Not only that, but this will be experienced by gamers who haven't played the game before, which includes my brother and sister.

This may even coax LucasArts into re-releasing/remaking the rest of their back catalogue.

But i'm just as stoked about TOMI, which was just as unexpected as the Special Edition. But the graphics don't look as appealing as the SE and i have mixed feelings about short episodes instead of a full game.

Without a shadow of a doubt, i'll be getting both!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

It's Tales for me. Not even close. I'm sure I'll pick up the other, and it's great to see it being done, but a remake (of something I've played) will never generate the same kind of excitement as something new. And I've yet to be disappointed by a Telltale series, so I have no concerns at all about MI being in the right hands going forward.

And welcome to AG, Toothless Gibbon. Couldn't ask for a better reason to de-lurk, and we're glad you did.